• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW updates

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
They put anyone behind the wheel out here, or at least where I work at. Jumped in a rig that they wanted me to help someone hitch a trailer up to it on the back of a water tanker. Found out why 10 miles down the road, the guy was first day on job, never drove a semi, ex sheep shearer, doesn’t have CDL and was maybe 25 at most.
I opted to drive the sprayer back instead of riding with him when done.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well, here is a tidbit to laugh or cry at. Fella left here with Mill, made ALL the way home ALL GOOD, next morning got all the small stuff unloaded and in shop then went after the mill. Straps came off, softeners moved away, got on skid steer, almost got under it then Bumped the trailer, mill Fell OFF. Broke UPPER head and power feed on cross slide OFF. He has managed to repair and weld much of the damage with rough parts ordered to repair. Did find the mill is largely Obsolete, HOWEVER is a Newer Model looks EXACTLY THE SAME just different numbers.

colson04

Well, here is a tidbit to laugh or cry at. Fella left here with Mill, made ALL the way home ALL GOOD, next morning got all the small stuff unloaded and in shop then went after the mill. Straps came off, softeners moved away, got on skid steer, almost got under it then Bumped the trailer, mill Fell OFF. Broke UPPER head and power feed on cross slide OFF. He has managed to repair and weld much of the damage with rough parts ordered to repair. Did find the mill is largely Obsolete, HOWEVER is a Newer Model looks EXACTLY THE SAME just different numbers.
Ouch. Sounds like something I did. I ordered a reman Allison transmission for a dump truck. Managed to drop it off the jack while rolling it over to the truck and broke the case. Back to Weller I went.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Ouch. Sounds like something I did. I ordered a reman Allison transmission for a dump truck. Managed to drop it off the jack while rolling it over to the truck and broke the case. Back to Weller I went.
Broken bank account & wounded pride!

Truck Shop

Some years back the owner of the shop I worked at was unloading a 1693. I told him chain
wasn't heavy enough, offered one off my tow truck. He ignored me and proceeded----------
He proceeded to get it off the truck swing around and drop it because the chain broke.
It broke the retarder housing, retarder oil pan, retarder oil cooler, turbo/exhaust manifold,
oil pump and pickup plus a few other items.

He was a arrogant turd, I just stood there laughed and went back to work.
Lucky no one was injured. In your case a accident.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Spent a few days at Junkyards, Th thru yesterday. His service truck trans gave up and had to get a yard ornament back into the foray. He already had it running and his welding skid on it, so we got a cleaner larger fuel tank added on, several tool boxes mounted, he got the license on it Friday and evidently found a error on our part as to return fuel routing at a vent location thru a T, tends to cause a dribble out the vent. Good two full days effort and he is back into the fight full load.