• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

KW updates

Truck Shop

You better believe I do! Building her cat she is getting this weekend a house to stay in, in the pole barn. Not that she wanted the cat, but it was her moms who passed away then her dad took it in then he passed away so it’s now hers. Going to have heat lamps, a separate bathroom for kitty litter box too. Stuff like that is how I show it.

Going to have heat lamps, a separate bathroom for kitty litter box too.
Good for the wild cat.

stinky64

Occupation
big truck wrench/fixer of things
Will confess, she decided had to have another sit down discussion, explained I was done discussing, she wants debt free would set her up for success. Left that stew a few days meanwhile she spoke to her sis(Divorced) got her attorney's office number and had a Initial Free Hour consult(Told me Later) as to the Magic "D". Attorney noted she makes a decent income with benefits, has a 401K, has a Invested Annuity, her SS will be pretty close to where my own is and No children, so NO, will be NO magic Maintenance moneys, would be NO magic get part of my retirement as I had already taken a hit on my pension to give her that pension when pass which brought up my previous employer WILL NOT IN ANY FORM Whatsoever issue that pension to a Divorcee spouse and my own Life insurance policies could be changed to a alternate family member that she cannot contest. Her honest evaluation she loses any chance of eliminating working should we split before she turns 70, cannot afford a car replacement payment or a house as to Insurance or Taxes EVEN if paid for and still be able to eat. She will cool her outbursts as now along with the tax preparers notation that I earn double what she makes and that while sitting at home working on stuff, now knows she cannot go it alone. Really does want nice vacations and trips inside the US, let her poor judgement get in the way.
Just watch for your life insurance premiums and valuation for changes. Then you'll have to hire "the royal food taster" and sleep with one eye open.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Doc visit today, steroid injection C4/5, cervical disc. Awake, numb/tingling left hand at 3:30, At Ortho office at 8am Columbia MO, papers all done and sat maybe 20 minutes, left dressed except shirts where wore a typical open back gown. On a table similar to Chiro works from, slight pinch, heard Xray machine hum and click, slight pressure then really light sting for Radiologic Dye tracer,, more Xray noise several times with a little more light pressure, doc tells nurse all done, on table twenty minutes. Shirts back on, SWMBO and I go to IHOP she driving, have breakfast. she has Wally World list go to store. Back to car, back home at noon. Minor detectable sensation, not pressure or sting, just a distracting sensation, arm tingling itch subsided some already. Takes 18-48 hours for any true effects of the injection, supposed to delay bone regrowth of that region as the steroid also degenerates the excess bone growth that is the problem. Takes five to seven days for steroid to dissipate or be absorbed for disposal by the body. Take about a month for the eventual effects to be fully realized if at all.

Current inserts if that does not work are made in house by a Medically certified 3D printed of a Titanium Alloy porous in nature with a secondary neoprene washer between the two shelf/vertebra connection components. Can be custom printed for each surgery in a day. Surgery to implant this one, around hour and half with recovery time of around 90 days fully boned in and safe to exercise myself as had been.

M6C_close_up-1920x1281.jpg

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Should of put like me, "Retired, Not For Hire".
Glad you are keeping the rig, damn women shouldn't get everything despite how emotional they see things as it's all against them when it's not.
Reading your posts makes me love my wife more, which for what emotional feelings I have left is rare thing to acknowledge.

Recommended by a MOSHP Commercial Truck Inspector Trooper, as to that wording. In Essence by doing that it becomes a Oversize Pickup Truck or multi-ton towing vehicle used for PERSONAL ONLY events. Can use ANY Trailer of my choosing, will still have to weigh, trailer and truck HAVE to be registered to me. Follows FED DOT language value when a Trucker is not on duty driving their truck to or from jobs to or from home NOT being paid, IE Personal Conveyance.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Yesterday was a Wife Come to Jesus event. SHE Found us a less expensive, she felt would be adequate RSH. And NOT far, little over a hour away outside Rolla MO in the Doolittle MO Old Rte 66 RV Park.

Pulling up she was upbeat, then saw it!! Then we got out where current owner and owner of the park noted were not selling as not using, she wants the money to buy a Monkey. GREAT calibre of Human right there now!!

So we do the Tour, is REALLY Small! REALLY Dirty, and REALLY Not well kept up. Did have four Newer Wally World LR D 16" tires, could not find LT anywhere on them. Genny ran and was keeping the systems working as batteries Junk. So, this was a NO DEAL day!! 2013 Palomino 35THSS. Wife said needed to get home once in car, she felt need for a shower!

Damn thing appeared a refugee from Spud's Neighbors.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Wouldn't have done you any good even this year. Last year I sold a 20 year old pull behind, absolutely clean for $7500.00 It sold in 2 days. Mrs. B wanted NEW. She was convinced we were living on borrowed time with all the many systems. We had replaced the awning canvas the year before. New canvas had a belly in it. We woke up in Acadia one morning with 50 gallons of water in it. She was impatient, stood on the picnic table & reached up to push the water out. Frame collapsed& knocked her off the table. Lucky she wasn't seriously injured. We never did replace the awning, I knew she'd be pressuring for a new camper.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
You don’t leave one end lower than the other to shed the water?
That trailer wanted to shed off the tongue end. If I let the rear down on the awning I couldn't get the rear door open. Old awning canvas was same length from trailer side to drip full length. Replacement has a belly. Though it was down quite low & original would have shed water effectively, new didn't. Had I expected more than a sprinkle, I'd have lowered tongue end more to spill water to the corner. It didn't go as planned.

Attachments

• Outback.jpg
    Outback.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 7

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Well Wife had to work this morning, was interested in a Grand Design 328G at a Local Dealer in Wentzville MO. So by the time she got off work, Had the Blue Beast running and warming up. Got all aligned and headed for Thomas Camper Sales.

Truck responded exceptionally well, Wife was quite satisfied as to Noise Level in Cab, as well ride quality on the Secondary and Interstate highways. Does have a engine/exhaust harmonic between 1350 to 1500rpm, at 1600 is nonexistent and can hear the radio at a nominal level, On side roads 5th Dir in main a little too high, 4th in OD is considerably smoother. Pavement surface flaw transfer thru the eight bag was a tad rough at above 72mph, and under 76mph, rising above 76 or below 71 and was much better, almost as a tire harmonic but manageable again. Cruise functioned Fine, Exhaust Braking function AWESOME, differential Temperatures ran Cold at around 110F, Trans around 135F, engine temp never wavered on highway 185/190, never heard fan engage or see engagement lamp. Wife was AMAZED She could See White line to Right Side in Spot mirror, and yellow markers in Left as she did not realize I CAN OPERATE WELL, a Semi tractor.

So get to dealer, very nice Grand Design RV, very Clean, well kept, all materials machine built with intact and functional and yet ONE Fatal Flaw. 10' Garage space, with Three Season Doors/screens, and a unit Washer/Drier, the depth of the space was just over 9'. In from of Washer/Drier, just over 6'. Our Motorcycle, a 2012 HD RGU is just under 9' in length, will not be able to set a front wheel Guide/Saddle to park it. The Dovetail inside the rear gate sits a full six " too far forward to get bike setting flat for tie down. Trailer even as only weighs 120lbs is 2' 8" wide and 7' in length, unable to fit in front of Washer Drier. So this one a Loss.
Sales gal noted have a 2015 345 Keystone Fusion coming in over the next few weeks, No Specific date yet, is a 38' RV, has nearly exact Same specs/amenities as the 328G Gr Des. but will have a 12' Garage space. Will contact us as Soon as gets onto yard. Price will be really close to where we came to on this trailer today.
Both have 8000# axles(2) with LR-E 16" tires on Eight Lug Hubs. 328G weighed in at 12,000#, the 345 will empty weigh at 13000# May be in a RV in a few weeks. Local bank has noted should be able to open a Line of Credit Loan that should cover this and be a Land Based loan with a lower rate than Automotive.

Stopped on way home at a Applebe's, had dinner, BACKED the Blue Beast into a parking Slot, WELL BETWEEN the Lines and wife AGAIN amazed at how easy it appeared for me, NO ONE in restaurant said SQUAT. All back home, simple day, around 100miles. No visual Leaks or hot spots, no odd odors or drips, all seems great with truck.

Willie B

Occupation
Electrician
Well Wife had to work this morning, was interested in a Grand Design 328G at a Local Dealer in Wentzville MO. So by the time she got off work, Had the Blue Beast running and warming up. Got all aligned and headed for Thomas Camper Sales.

Truck responded exceptionally well, Wife was quite satisfied as to Noise Level in Cab, as well ride quality on the Secondary and Interstate highways. Does have a engine/exhaust harmonic between 1350 to 1500rpm, at 1600 is nonexistent and can hear the radio at a nominal level, On side roads 5th Dir in main a little too high, 4th in OD is considerably smoother. Pavement surface flaw transfer thru the eight bag was a tad rough at above 72mph, and under 76mph, rising above 76 or below 71 and was much better, almost as a tire harmonic but manageable again. Cruise functioned Fine, Exhaust Braking function AWESOME, differential Temperatures ran Cold at around 110F, Trans around 135F, engine temp never wavered on highway 185/190, never heard fan engage or see engagement lamp. Wife was AMAZED She could See White line to Right Side in Spot mirror, and yellow markers in Left as she did not realize I CAN OPERATE WELL, a Semi tractor.

So get to dealer, very nice Grand Design RV, very Clean, well kept, all materials machine built with intact and functional and yet ONE Fatal Flaw. 10' Garage space, with Three Season Doors/screens, and a unit Washer/Drier, the depth of the space was just over 9'. In from of Washer/Drier, just over 6'. Our Motorcycle, a 2012 HD RGU is just under 9' in length, will not be able to set a front wheel Guide/Saddle to park it. The Dovetail inside the rear gate sits a full six " too far forward to get bike setting flat for tie down. Trailer even as only weighs 120lbs is 2' 8" wide and 7' in length, unable to fit in front of Washer Drier. So this one a Loss.
Sales gal noted have a 2015 345 Keystone Fusion coming in over the next few weeks, No Specific date yet, is a 38' RV, has nearly exact Same specs/amenities as the 328G Gr Des. but will have a 12' Garage space. Will contact us as Soon as gets onto yard. Price will be really close to where we came to on this trailer today.
Both have 8000# axles(2) with LR-E 16" tires on Eight Lug Hubs. 328G weighed in at 12,000#, the 345 will empty weigh at 13000# May be in a RV in a few weeks. Local bank has noted should be able to open a Line of Credit Loan that should cover this and be a Land Based loan with a lower rate than Automotive.

Stopped on way home at a Applebe's, had dinner, BACKED the Blue Beast into a parking Slot, WELL BETWEEN the Lines and wife AGAIN amazed at how easy it appeared for me, NO ONE in restaurant said SQUAT. All back home, simple day, around 100miles. No visual Leaks or hot spots, no odd odors or drips, all seems great with truck.
I sure am glad to read a better mindset. Otherwise, no surprises.