• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

IH 175B The Beast!

Goldtrigger

Occupation
semi-retired, computer logistics
Began the process last evening of draining the hydraulic fluid from the tank. The tank drain hole is covered by the welded-on ROPS so we have to syphon it out. A very slow process due to the size of the syphon hose and the weight of the fluid. 25 gallons will be a waisted! Once out, we can then remove the valve pack and bring it in for service! Maybe tonight! Appreciate the slightly longer days.

boone

Goldtrigger

Occupation
We used a similar suck bucket rig to drain the transmission case, worked great. Unfortunately, I did not have a vacuum out there last night. The other thing, the heater hose we used to drain the transmisson case was destroyed by the transmission fluid. The fluid actually ate up the rubber hose! I am going by the parts store on the way out this afternoon and see what I can find in plastic to finish up the job. Still wondering what kind of O-rings etc, will be required to repair the valve pack.

250c

Hey glad to see you back at it. I've always been able to use buna orings on spool valves the the exception of military tracked vehicle that use fire retardent fluid.

Durt

Occupation
IH Mechanic
I can get parts and service manuals for your machine a lot cheaper than the dealer... We have been a IH equipment seller for over 35 years.We ship all over the world... Let me know if you need books or parts I might be able to help... www.cpecanada.com or kurt@cpecanada.com

Goldtrigger

Occupation
Finally, it rained in Texas and we finished the Final Drive and the Beast is Alive

After all these long month and many, many distractions, we finished the final drive install and started the Beast and had a MAAJOR hydraulic leak on the valve pack controlling the bucket curl. Took the whole valve assembly off, took it to Calabama Hydraulics in Killeen, TX and paid them to rebuild the valve pack, worth every penny after looking at the schematics.

After another month delay while we welded up a motorcyle trailer for a friend, we got the valve pack installed, the tracks adjusted and the Beast is alive! And it has been raining like crazy in Texas! Most rain in 3 years. Ponds are full and mud is deep!

The good old Beast started after 9 months of not being started on the first pop, and it runs great! Moved it off the spot it has been sitting and leaking fluids for over 18 months and piled a big pile of cedar on it and lit it off yesterday to burn the fluids out of the soil!

Now I have to clean up the Beast and sell it. Any body interested?

Attachments

• DSC00126.JPG
    DSC00126.JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 751
  • DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 743
  • DSC00137.JPG
    DSC00137.JPG
    24.5 KB · Views: 727

boone

Glad you got the beast operational again along with some much needed rain. The way it started, it sounds anxious to get to work. Let us know how you come out selling it...

Goldtrigger

Occupation
Clean UP

Loaded up all the old used up parts and scrap metal yesterday that my trailer would hold! Severly flattened the springs on it. Still have a few more pieces of junk to haul off today. I moved the burn pile around a bit with the Beast and relit it as it was really wet from the rain. Probably will have to relight it again today. Moved the Beast up toward the front of the Ranch and will powerwash it today in prep for pictures for Craiglist and Machinery Trader listings.

Attachments

• DSC00139.JPG
    DSC00139.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 714

Goldtrigger

Occupation
Beast is For Sale!

The Beast is Running Fine and is For Sale. Just need to find someone who wants to work on her more than I do. DSC001441.jpg

drs1023

Heavy equipment on its side reminds me of my pulpwood cutting days. Take one JD 963 shear with 2 ~ 3 tall trees in the upper grapple, add high wind, and you have instant side panel damage and 50 gallons of fluid on the ground.

Goldtrigger

Occupation
Loading one on a low boy with inexperienced operator and metal on metal makes for slipen and sliden and on it side it went! Fortunately, it has not gone over again! It is working better now than it has in the past two years!

drs1023

I joined the forum today to get some information on steering/brake adjustments on a dry clutch JD 450 loader. Since I'm too cheap to buy a service manual, I'm hoping someone can talk me through getting the left side track to pull.

Goldtrigger

Occupation
Good luck. I know nothing about JD loaders. After much pain and hands-on learning I know a little about old International 175B's.

Goldtrigger

Occupation
The End of the Beast!

DSC001531.jpgDSC001591.jpgDSC001621.jpgThe Beast is mine no more! I sold her to a fellow out of Dallas. She is in much better shape than when I bought her and I hope he has good luck with her. I will miss running her :confused:

wosama931b

Occupation
Real Estate Broker/ Ret.
Goldtrigger, It sorta mates me sad to see the Beast go, thanks for the great Thread, It helped encourage me to work hard and take of my machine, wosama931b

Goldtrigger

Occupation
We had a lot of fun and pain working on the Beast. If I had more time, I would like to make a project of working on old iron like this. They are simple, effecient and powerful. If I ever get rich enough to have a toy again, I would like to find a 175c in a little better shape than the Beast and work it up like Boone has done his. First chore would be to build a shop on the ranch. Doing all the work out on the hill side was no fun at all!

250c

Goldtrigger I've enjoyed your posts on the beast, if you ever get a little lonely for her I have the 250c just up the road.

Tfphill

Hello guys. I need some help with my 175b loader. It does not have pushing power. I have to use in low range 1gear.
When put in second gear the drive shaft to transmission stops turning. When at idle drive shaft turns. The torque converter preassure reads good on gauge. Any advice would be good.

Same happens when in reverse. Operates in 1gear and any other gear shaft stops turning.

Goldtrigger

Occupation
No help from me.

Hello guys. I need some help with my 175b loader. It does not have pushing power. I have to use in low range 1gear.
When put in second gear the drive shaft to transmission stops turning. When at idle drive shaft turns. The torque converter preassure reads good on gauge. Any advice would be good.

Same happens when in reverse. Operates in 1gear and any other gear shaft stops turning.

Sorry, i know nothing about the tranny/ torque converter setup. My old Beast is long gone:eek: