• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I gotta know what gives?

Welder Dave

I hate to tell you this, but the adverts you get- are totally based on what you look at on the interwebs, not what everyone else is doing. So the ear wax and crushing equipment are all on you.

Just because your ad's are weird/ unique/ strange- does not correspond to the rest of us having strange ads.

Mine are all for --- well I'm not going to tell you what my ads are for. Just because the gov't and the chinese and al gore are all watching me, doesn't mean I want the rest of you to know what I look at in my spare time.

You're in the business of picking things up. Nobody needs to know what you're trying to pick up in your spare time. ;)

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Just because your ad's are weird/ unique/ strange- does not correspond to the rest of us having strange ads.

Well at least the ads I started getting a couple years ago after I believe I made a typo in a Google search have stopped!

For the longest time I was getting ads for foot wear that.....well I have been told was more appropriate for "ladies" you might see getting into strangers cars late at night in "those" parts of town! For sure it was not appropriate for operating heavy equipment, not MSHA approved!

Blocker in MS

You all may not have know this, but most farm equipment is trailed offset to the right to help build muscle in the opposite of the neck than race car drivers use to make all those turns. It was a ploy by farmers to charge for training while getting free skilled operators in the racing off season.

Go to any farm store, farm show, or county fair and watch as the people walk by. If you see someone walking faster as they look to the left, you know they have benefited from this training.

Welder Dave

Fine Dave- you've shamed me in to showing everyone. My current ads are for -- well imagine that. Thanks to all you goofballs, its about british pi.

View attachment 210740

Now I'm really perplexed. America's finest range of British pies from Parker, a great British institution? Be careful it might give you the desire to start drinking warm beer while enjoying football... or is it soccer? o_O

crane operator

Guess am Lucky, No Ads on my feed.

They know you have everything you could possibly need- you own allis equipment after all.

Wow!! You guys must be super important!! I only get one ad:(

Don't feel bad for only having one ad, they don't even send me ads to borrow $$$, they've seen my finances:(.

wornout wrench

Fine Dave- you've shamed me in to showing everyone. My current ads are for -- well imagine that. Thanks to all you goofballs, its about british pi.

View attachment 210740
This is all Nige's fault.
He is retiring and needs something to do, so I can see him cyber stalking all of us, infection our computers with ads for british foods.
Hurry boys hurry, get your Beers into the fridge before you get the urge to drink it warm.
And if you get the urge to drive on the wrong side of the road and watch movies about steam trains, well by then it is just too late.

And with that I must go for dinner.
Having some Mashed and Bangers, not sure what is for pudding.

DIYDAVE

And now for something completely different!
Not sure how many will catch that one!

Anyone notice how the adverts at the top of this forum keep changing and some times they are somewhat strange?

Just this morning I had two next to each other, the one on the left was for something to help remove ear wax and the one on the right was for portable crushing plants! Not sure if there is a connection between the two unless one is suppose to use the ear wax to lube the crushers!

Remove earwax with a key, and you can lube the lock, afore you open it, and kill 2 birds wif one stone...;)

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
You all may not have know this, but most farm equipment is trailed offset to the right to help build muscle in the opposite of the neck than race car drivers use to make all those turns. It was a ploy by farmers to charge for training while getting free skilled operators in the racing off season.

Go to any farm store, farm show, or county fair and watch as the people walk by. If you see someone walking faster as they look to the left, you know they have benefited from this training.

As a former scraper jockey... I know of this affliction.