• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

I gotta know what gives?

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
I'm scratching out some new drawings, oil has really taken a dive in value. I think its going to change everything.

Very interesting concept! Wonder if it would be possible to scale this up by building it in multiple numbers of cylinders? Say from 2 to 16? Or if someone was really in more power maybe a custom version with 24 cylinders? Or wonder if one could make the components bigger and maybe use some thing like 92, 110 or even 149 cylinder displacements?

Ronsii

Occupation
s/e Heavy equipment operator
Ok.. got some bad news :(

The other day during the virtual meeting we had a lot of suggestions and may of us decided to act on some of the better sounding ideas :) So we took a vote and decided to proceed with the drone mount transformer based setup to hopefully alleviate most of the delivery issues we were being plagued with.... any ways we had guys working round the clock fabbing up a prototype to test out the next day and we figgered we better save time and have some tech types tweak the settings now instead of later... anyways one of the board members(Paul) was in charge of the hiring and brought in the crew to tweak the settings that night.... when I arrived on site the next morning there wasn't a piece of copper wire left in the EMBike as Paul had hired actual 'tweakers' and not software tweakers....:( so now we aren't sure what to do as the new prototype is basically scrap sitting there. :mad:

Ronsii

Occupation
I have come bits of copper wire from a house wiring project I could send!
Thanks for the offer but they also chopped anything that looked like copper/brass/bronze... so they cut the beryllium coated superconductors we were using for the passive restraint system in the main harness plus a bunch of cad plated structural stuff for the new unimog style mounting plates... it's in bad shape :(

DIYDAVE

Back to the E-bike, Just saw a video, on youtube from this crazy British guy, He's got a germ of an ideer, here, but picture it as the social distancing E-bike! Bet he could sell a bajillion of'em!;)

Ronsii

Occupation
Back to the E-bike, Just saw a video, on youtube from this crazy British guy, He's got a germ of an ideer, here, but picture it as the social distancing E-bike! Bet he could sell a bajillion of'em!;)

That does look interesting... but I think the death rate from social distancing with that could be higher than the virus ;)

Here's a pic of what the EMBike looked like when I arrived in the shop the other morning :( I have guys already going over it to see what we can save...
scrap-ebike2.jpg

DIYDAVE

Another ideer hit, as I awoke this mawnin! that social distancing bike what with its high frame, could have solar panels, in the sides, and fun mostly free!;)

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry

Way back in the middle `60's a couple kids I went to school with built some bikes like that. I believe for their version the main modification was to simply assemble the bike with the frame inverted to raise the crank shaft for the peddles then make what ever changes were needed to get seat and handle bars up to the height needed.

Wonder if I could do that with one of my motorcycles? Install The engine with the frame inverted????