• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Dr ZX

Ed luke

You will need a tech manual once you get drzx working for the arbatrary numbers that are asiqned to like the throttle stops position .

corksil

I need a DrZX cable and software. Perhaps you guys can help. Very glad that I found this thread.

Have a 2011 zx35u-3 machine stuck in limp mode. The throttle control speed switch wires broke, and I replaced the part and repaired the wires. The machine is still stuck in limp-mode/half-speed.

Maybe all I need to do is clear the code, seeing as I fixed the problem already. I'm willing to buy a used drZX software and cable from whoever can sell it to me. I would like to have this stuff because I will inevitably need it again in the future.

Thanks!

corksil

After looking on ebay I can find what appears to be the cable for 30 bucks. Looks like it comes with a CD as well, hopefully with PC software to emulate the PDA palm pilot unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-ZX-Hita...392267?hash=item3ac07b0a8b:g:X7UAAOSwBnVW-1OW

And then for 300 I can find what appears to be the cable along with the palm pilot device.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-Ex...2-V3-10-Latest-Version-Software-/261961880623

It's a bit of a gamble but the alternative is to pay the local technician 150/hr including driving time to come read the code.

szpryczek

After looking on ebay I can find what appears to be the cable for 30 bucks. Looks like it comes with a CD as well, hopefully with PC software to emulate the PDA palm pilot unit.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dr-ZX-Hita...392267?hash=item3ac07b0a8b:g:X7UAAOSwBnVW-1OW

And then for 300 I can find what appears to be the cable along with the palm pilot device.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hitachi-Ex...2-V3-10-Latest-Version-Software-/261961880623

It's a bit of a gamble but the alternative is to pay the local technician 150/hr including driving time to come read the code.
I have the cabel like you want buy is not works by me. I have 15 different hitachi in my work place. From old to new problem is the same no communication. I need someone with working cabel. Photo of work pcb maybe is solve my problem. If you buy it probably ypu can have same problem.

corksil

Do you have the PC cable or the cable with the Palm pilot?

I will hold off on ordering that cable until I can learn more information.

Thanks. Do you have the Dr ZX software?

Mine is a 2011 zx35u-3 mini-excavator.

szpryczek

I have pc version. I try it with the software on this cd palm emu plus dr.zx. But I also try it with win.dr and MpDr is news software from hitachi. Everytime no communication. But am on the way to fix this china cabel. I saw original one and is nothing complicated construction and is work with the new excavators and new software what interesting me.I gone try make clone. To the palm version I don't have any info. This is compatible with old models and not any more supported. You can try but like for me is to much money for things what you can use one time. And maybe show you nothing special or will be not work. But is your choose. What the problem with your hitachi?

szpryczek

Do you have the PC cable or the cable with the Palm pilot?

I will hold off on ordering that cable until I can learn more information.

Thanks. Do you have the Dr ZX software?

Mine is a 2011 zx35u-3 mini-excavator.
Dif you try calibration step motor after repairs?

corksil

Dif you try calibration step motor after repairs?

No I did not. I have bypassed the throttle controller with a cabletie and have been using manual throttle control for the past 20 hours of work. No issues yet.

How do I calibrate the step motor -- is that information in the manual? I have service/repair/workshop manuals.

Thanks a lot for helping.

szpryczek

There where are fuses some hitachi have a switch with 3 position. I try find by my hitachi exactly the same model then I can cofirm it. But for a moment every one are away somewhere on field. Calibration is easy just take off A.I. and throttle potentiometer on idle speed then set switch on position E, key on , you gone here your step motor after few seconds key off and switch back to middle position. And calibration is ready.

Ed luke

terry-bucko
Check you inbox .I sent you email.
Hello tool_king. Im looking for the part no# for the interface from the dr zx to computer for the hot sync. Im setting up the computer version to have along with palm pilot. Cant find cord seperate from buying kits. Ill just get it from the dealer if i can come up with part no.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Ed
When I get home tonight. I will look it up.You can get a interface the will work right off the laptop straight to the machine .That is what I use when diagnosing them .

szpryczek

Ed
When I get home tonight. I will look it up.You can get a interface the will work right off the laptop straight to the machine .That is what I use when diagnosing them .

Hello Tool king

I have question do you have the cable usb for palm emulator? I have two version and both doesn't work. No communication. I try with few different hitachi. Do you can send me a photo of pcb in your cable? If this possible? Then I can compare to my cord. Something is wrong there I think? Also what kind operation system you use on pc?

RaeburnRobinson

Hi tool_king

I have a 2003 hitachi 330zx, with slow buckle curl and slow left track with no down pressure. I have replaced #1 hydraulic pump with no changes. I bought connecting hardwear off ebay and it came with DrZx. I need WinDr as i only have a laptop and not the palm. Please help me

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Hi tool_king

I have a 2003 hitachi 330zx, with slow buckle curl and slow left track with no down pressure. I have replaced #1 hydraulic pump with no changes. I bought connecting hardwear off ebay and it came with DrZx. I need WinDr as i only have a laptop and not the palm. Please help me
Does the tool have a usb ? What is your email address?

TVA

Can anyone please tell me which of the numerous Hitachi diagnostic adapters on internet actually works?

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Can anyone please tell me which of the numerous Hitachi diagnostic adapters on internet actually works?
I can tell you the ones I have bought from my John Deere dealer work perfect. My dealer will sell it to you also .I know a couple of guys on here have bought the ebay ones and the only thing was the software disc was not right so I sent them the right software to make it work .

TVA

I can tell you the ones I have bought from my John Deere dealer work perfect. My dealer will sell it to you also .I know a couple of guys on here have bought the ebay ones and the only thing was the software disc was not right so I sent them the right software to make it work .

Thanks!