• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Dr ZX

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Is this available ? I just ordered dr. zx it says its good for ex models i have a ex-120-3. I have a chromebook and can't put a cd in to download, is it available to download online or can you email? Id appreciate it so much... I didn't order the palm pilot itself I'm planning on plugging usb on laptop
I have not to run software on a chrome book . You can buy a external cd drive that plugs in the usb port . It works on windows xp ,7 and 10.

RTMan

There are different versions of the CH340 chip. The CH340G requires the crystal oscillator along with the C5 and C6 capacitors. The CH340C has all that circuity built into the chip and doesn't require any of those 3 components.
The01.png

It looks to me like this is set up as RS-232 serial communications. If your computer has a DB-9 serial port, you should be able to connect pins 2,3 and 5 directly up to the excavator, without the need for a fancy custom cable. Also, a standard USB->Serial cable should work as well.

LACHAU

There are different versions of the CH340 chip. The CH340G requires the crystal oscillator along with the C5 and C6 capacitors. The CH340C has all that circuity built into the chip and doesn't require any of those 3 components.
The01.png

It looks to me like this is set up as RS-232 serial communications. If your computer has a DB-9 serial port, you should be able to connect pins 2,3 and 5 directly up to the excavator, without the need for a fancy custom cable. Also, a standard USB->Serial cable should work as well.
Thank you for your information. You're right.
ScreenShot_20210621112009.png
ScreenShot_20210621112318.png
ScreenShot_20210621112235.png

Btad

Thanks
tool_king
for trying I am going to take the laptop ho a tek am see if it just me being stupid wouldn’t be the first time
Thanks

Btad

I have a 2006 ZX160LC
I need to check the final drive pressure
Any help I can not find any info on how to do it thanks all

Jonny Lehtinen

Got a DR.ZX from aliexpress, cant conect it to my ex100-3. Also the win palm thing only covers ZX? i cant find any EX versions under "Midi".
The usb driver, seems to work now, but i do not get the palm to speak with the machine... honest, dont know how this program works either... just not used to it yet.
Does anybody hava a working program that they could share with me?
jonkolehtinen@hotmail.com

Jonny Lehtinen

have i gotten a monday example, shall thelocktab be on the wrong side when i try to put the machine to the cable? (EX100-3)
The small cutouts on one side line up if i do like this, and also the cables itself...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211101-212927_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-212927_Gallery.jpg
    897.3 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20211101-212916_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20211101-212916_Gallery.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 35

chickenminer

Jonny .... you must have bought from the same guy I did ! Was driving me crazy trying to plug
it into the connector on the machine until I realized they screwed up the connector on the harness ! Swapped it 180 degs and plugged in fine
once I snipped the locktab off. Worked fine and connected to DrZX fine.

Jonny Lehtinen

Jonny .... you must have bought from the same guy I did ! Was driving me crazy trying to plug
it into the connector on the machine until I realized they screwed up the connector on the harness ! Swapped it 180 degs and plugged in fine
once I snipped the locktab off. Worked fine and connected to DrZX fine.
if so, do you know the cables how they are routed in the conection?

BodyMassage

Hello. Got a WinDr cable and CD off ebay. Program seems to install, a couple windows pop up when you try to launch it, but nothing actually seems to run. Ive tried compatibility troubleshooter and still no luck. Any suggestions on anything else to try, or maybe if somebody has a different version of WinDr I can try? Any help is greatly appreicated!