• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mini-ex in "limp mode"? SYS light flashing

corksil

Hey guys, simple question.

2011 hitachi zx35u-3 mini-excavator (4tons). Was running fine, and then the throttle dial/switch became unresponsive. Machine would start right up with the key, but it would idle around half-throttle and turning the engine-speed-dial had no affect.

Took apart the right ignition switch area and found that the wires for the rotary throttle-control switch had chafed and probably shorted out. I found a test procedure which seemingly confirmed that the switch itself had failed.

100 bucks later I installed a new switch, two other tiny chafed wires, and repaired/reconnected everything.

Nothing has changed --- the machine still starts right up with the key but instantly the engine speed jumps and hangs at half-throttle. Turning the rotary throttle switch (looks like a volume knob, right next to the ignition switch) has no difference on engine speed.

There's also a flashing "SYS" red light on the instrument cluster. I was told that the machine is in limp mode, and that there is a way to reset it, and clear the fault code now that it has been repaired.

Anyone? Thanks!

szpryczek

Do you have display in your machine? I found something in little bit newest hitachi maybe this help you.

ycs

The throttle controller only control the engine speed and not the hydraulic pump...so the sys sign on the monitor should be a problem on throttle actuators controller. Maybe need to replace whole throttle system, i would suggest you to get manual throttle with cable kit from ebay...