• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi Dr ZX

tobias de boer

Looking for the diagnostics software for an pc for hitachi , the cable i have but lost the software .
now the software that i had was running on windows 95 but dont know if there was anyupdate on that
Received from hitachi some repairnotes and they are talking about Maintanance Pro Dr ???
Tool King can you help out ?
My mail adres is tobias74@msn.com

jonno634

Occupation
Farmer
I have the 4 pin cable (borrowed it from service mgr), I am running software on a laptop and trying to connect to a John Deere 892E. What are the COM port settings on my computer supposed to be to communicate with a John Deere or Hitachi excavator? Baud Rate, Stop Bits, Start Bits, Flow Control and parity? Thanks for any info.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I have the 4 pin cable (borrowed it from service mgr), I am running software on a laptop and trying to connect to a John Deere 892E. What are the COM port settings on my computer supposed to be to communicate with a John Deere or Hitachi excavator? Baud Rate, Stop Bits, Start Bits, Flow Control and parity? Thanks for any info.
It depends on what port you have the cable plugged into on the computer. Click on com at the top of the page when software is open and see what ports are listed .Try each one till you fine the one that works.

jonno634

Occupation
Farmer
I know my COM port, I don’t know the baud rate, and other port settings. Thx
The software I was running, doesnt appear to like Win10 as my OS (or the USB to Serial adapter). I used a win7 computer and it connected up fine with the same COM port settings.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
The software I was running, doesnt appear to like Win10 as my OS (or the USB to Serial adapter). I used a win7 computer and it connected up fine with the same COM port settings.
Windr or MPDR will run fine windows xp and windows 7. I will not work on window 10 I know that for sure .

William Long

Occupation
Plant fitter
Hi , folks.
I’m having similar problems with the software I received with my usb connection and dr zx/ex disk. Cannot load driver for usb device and showing no connection the whole time. Can anyone forward me there driver software and Dr ZX software to see if it works.
Thanks
William

ZX130lncIreland

Supper Thread thanks all for the info.

Could someone send me the software for PC? Also as the unit is I expect CAN do someone finds RX and TX location in the plug as I have a serial to USB adaptor all ready.

I have a zx130lnc and would love any shop manual also with all the wiring diagrams etc.

RG

natemarine

The computer version is called WinDr. Th Dr.Zx is a palm pilot version .Then their is tool call Dr EX which is the old estBoth plug into a connectors located in the fuse box .One is called MIC and the other is ISX.The interface tool can be bought from you local Hitachi/Deere dealer.Part number 4476512 it will have the four pin plug on it .Then the is a six pin cable part number 3108616 that plugs right from the machine to the laptop.I use all three versions.I have the DrZX and WinDR software if you need it.
thanks
Ed
Is this available ? I just ordered dr. zx it says its good for ex models i have a ex-120-3. I have a chromebook and can't put a cd in to download, is it available to download online or can you email? Id appreciate it so much... I didn't order the palm pilot itself I'm planning on plugging usb on laptop

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Is this available ? I just ordered dr. zx it says its good for ex models i have a ex-120-3. I have a chromebook and can't put a cd in to download, is it available to download online or can you email? Id appreciate it so much... I didn't order the palm pilot itself I'm planning on plugging usb on laptop
Don't think you can run it off a Chrome Book.It runs on windows that I know of .

Rob Carson

Hi
I have a Chinese clone cable with mpdr I’ve set the ports and everything but it just dosnt connect to the machine anyone got any ideas