• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi 120-2 questions and anwsers

Brian K

The installation of the manual pump conversion kit seems to be working well on my 490E. I purchased the kit from SINOCMP (EX100-2 EX100-3 EX120-2 EX120-3 EX200-2 Conversion Kit for Hitachi Excavator with English Installation Instruction) which says it was manufactured in S.Korea. Payed $579 for the kit.

My only complaint about the kit is that it did not include the "T" fitting required, so I had to order that. It should be noted that the threads in the casting & blocks are BSPP. The casting also had some small defects that were visible in the bore (see photo).

InkedIMG_1355.jpg

I installed the kit with two "B" (4470236) and two "D" 4604530 shims which I interpreted as the baseline configuration from the chart. This allows you to add or remove shims based on the machines performance.

InkedIMG_1357.jpg

Installation was pretty straight forward once I had the proper T-fitting. I did have to remove the O-ring from the System Relief Valve and install it on the kits counter part since it wasn't supplied.

IMG_1362.jpg

Once the kit was completely installed I added hydraulic fluid to the tank and blend air from the pump housing.

1681581559205.png

I have been running the machine with PVC unit unplugged. The machine runs better than I expected. The hydraulic functions react plenty fast, and heavy loading doesn't stall or bog the motor down at all.

I also installed a manual throttle cable and removed the old EC motor & sensor unit.

Brian K

Below are a few more installation photos;

IMG_1359.jpg
IMG_1361.jpg
IMG_1363.jpg
IMG_1365.jpg

If I encounter any problems with the kits performance, I will make sure to post them.
Brian K.

mbeltz

Brian k , I am having issues with my 490e conversion. Do u have any more pics on how u plummed yours? Mine is slow boom and stick fictions. Any help is so appreciated

Brian K

I'm not sure I recommend this, but before I installed the kit I used compressed air to push the spools out of the housing just to inspect and lube everything. I used some REM oil on re-assembly to make sure everything was moving and not sticking.
BE CAREFUL if you take it apart, and hold your hands over the bores so the parts don't go flying. And note how the parts come out.

Last edited:

Brian K

Before I placed the block onto the pump, I had to make sure the spring end (the long spring) was pressed over the boss on the bottom of the internal spool. I believe this keeps the spring centered and upright.

To do this I had to remove the spool since I couldn't get the spring end pressed over it any other way.

I then carefully lowered the block (and spring) onto the pump housing.
InkedIMG_1355.jpg

mbeltz

Thank you so much , I'll try those things and see what happens.. I had the same left over parts

RSMSHOLT

ahicks2

I am looking to put a conversion kit on my ex200-2. There are a lot of companies selling them on the Internet. Is there one that works with English instructions? Is it a good direction to go?

ahicks2

I found over a dozen offers for the conversion kit. Are they all the same, or one that you would recommend

Brian K

The installation of the manual pump conversion kit seems to be working well on my 490E. I purchased the kit from SINOCMP (EX100-2 EX100-3 EX120-2 EX120-3 EX200-2 Conversion Kit for Hitachi Excavator with English Installation Instruction) which says it was manufactured in S.Korea. Payed $579 for the kit.