• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hitachi 120-2 questions and anwsers

MikeWesch

Hi southeast savage.
I have the same machine with same type issues. I’m about to install the conversion kit also. Having trouble figuring out where the one line that goes toward the valve body goes. Do you have any pictures of that area?
Thank you

Garter

Hello Mike, I can send you a picture of mine tomorrow if you want, it's a 120-3. Don't think it makes a difference. Post your email if you need it.

Garter

Actually theres a picture on page 1 of this thread I uploaded that shows the connection, maybe you saw it. I'll take another tomorrow if it's not clear enough.

Garter

View of connection from kit to valve chest.

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_111631.jpg
    IMG_20210918_111631.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 106

Jmm1

Hi all, Joe here, have an ex120-2 with conversion kit fitted. Boom up stops when dipper is coming in and no power to track up hill since. Possibly not the same hyd power in general. Have unplugged hyd brain, no difference. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Евгений

у кого подробная инструкция Всем привет есть ли у кого нибудь хитачи ex200-2 пытаюсь поставить комплект для преобразования есть ли

Slam 99

So with this kit installed does the Machine travel at the normal working speed

Shakim9530

I just got a conversion kit for my hitachi ex 120-3. Can someone send me a manual for this. They did not send one with the kit.

JDCrow

Been awhile since been on here. Things shut down for us as prices and availability of materials put a kink in my projects.

Thought I'd update a bit on the EX120-2

My slow boom up ended up being a "fettering" of the valve spool. The spool itself had developed a lip on it, probably since it sat for who knows how long before I bought it. The boom operated as it should.

I have the conversion kit on, and it works flawlessly. The machine works really nice.

Currently working on fuel system. I've been pulling the small screen on the banjo bolt a few times, finally pulled the main fuel filter and it was junk. primed the system with the manual pump and started to crack fittings on the separator and fuel filter. still a no start. Went to crack the far injector, and the bolt snapped. UGGGGG. So new injector in the mail. Order a new separator as well. Will replace the rubber supply line while in there.

I've read some about another plastic strainer on the bottom nut under the fuel pump? That one seems like a bear.

Also had the swing motor seal go out, yeah, So adding it to the list. Was going to do the sleeve while in there and its was $600 at PAPE, so no sleeve unless it's toast.

All in all, still happy with the machine. It's 30ish yrs old and really who knows the maintenance thats has or has not been done.

Also picked up a Takeuchi TL230 series 2. Really happy with this track loader. loads of power.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some to here, appreciate all the help I've received.

Brian K

Thanks for the update JD.

I've been researching information about the manual pump conversion kit to bypass the PVC control electronics on these EX-120 machines. I own a tired JD490E with a FabTek tree harvester conversion.

After 2yrs+ I'm getting tired of spending time and money chasing solenoid, sensor, and wiring gremlins. I did have the main hydraulic control valve rebuilt, so it's in good shape. I have also read over every Tech manual I can get my hands on (both Hitachi and John Deere).

I just purchased a conversion kit from SINOCMP recently and plan to install it soon. Do you have any advice or suggestions regarding the kit installation, such as # of shims used or control valve adjustments needed afterward? Did you unplug you PVC completely? I'm glad to here the conversions working well on your machine.

I've read your earlier threads regarding the conversion and found them helpful. Thanks for sharing that information.

Thanks, Brian K.

JDCrow

If I remember right, the diagram that came with it had a breakdown of shims.

Have you pulled the bottom plate off yet?

JDCrow

And here is where the rings go.

It confused me as it says “gaskets” but it’s rings/washers

And then depending on pump life? I’d how many washers you put on. I left mine at “stock” . I maybe will add 1 to each location down the road

Brian K

Thanks for the diagrams.

I just took a look at the instructions and your chart and it appears they recommend two B's and two C's for the stock EX120 kit. I'm currently examining the kit and making sure how it all fits together. It appears the one port on the bottom of the block is left partly uncovered. The surface on the pump casing doesn't appear large enough to cover it?

Conv1.jpegConv2.jpg

JDCrow

I’m not by my machine currently. I might be able to run out there this afternoon, if not tomorrow morn. I’ll take a pic or video of how it’s on there

JDCrow

Took a run out to machine. Yes the main valve of the kit does over hang on the pump top. Here is the plug placement for bottom of kit valve, and pics of what it looks like 318BEA4E-4C3A-43D5-86B9-B4ECA019ACD4.jpeg315EA6AF-5E6F-424F-90AE-B46D0B4D447C.jpeg3272D86F-4598-400D-87EF-A4B95687C9E3.jpeg6D066042-7E12-4C18-B8BC-C1F62335FFEF.jpeg