• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Help to identify my Skid Steer

DaveSh

I recently bought an old Skid steer to use on my acreage. It works well enough and the price was right. But I'd like to know what it is. I have scoured the internet and I "think" it is a Massey Ferguson? But I have no idea. And it's not exactly like the pictures I found online. Can anyone help me identify it? I will post some photos of my machine as well as some "close comparisons" that I found.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Comparisons I found on the internet... close but not the same...

mf711.jpg

mf811.jpg

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Looks to me like an International Harvester 3200 A series

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
There are enough similarities to think they all are the same base machine sold to several manufacturers to rebadge. That would explain the differences.

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I demoed the Thomas machines back in the early 90's. They seemed like a really nice solid machine. Too bad they did not make it.
Jeff

Old Doug

This is one of those machines that looks like a prototype. It looks just like a IH 3200 A.

DaveSh

you may be right... I did see a similar one on you tube. I guess I just see little differences and wonder why I can't get a perfect match.
Here is the IH 3200 A you mentioned.
int.jpg

taken from...

crane operator

Most early skid steers did not have a roll over cage. Most of those were built later and added on by owners or local welding shops. The main drive chain case and the main lifting arms look very similar to the MF . The likelihood that your machine is all factory original is slim and none. For instance- the main lift cylinders sure look like replacements from tractor supply or some other hydraulic supply company, not factory. And the rear weight box is a add on also. So it could very likely be a MF unit. Also- most of the early skids that carried the big manufacturer names, were rebadges of the small manufacturers of the early skid loaders.

1693TA

Occupation
FAA Radar Engineer, (Retired)
Looks as if it may have a Perkins engine. Massey-Ferguson was the owner of Perkins Engine for many years and used many in their products.

custisr992

Occupation
IT
I had a similar experience with mine. It turned out to be a Case, even though it looked a bit different from online pics.