• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Crummy

"that's not available anywhere in the system"
It's come to being creative and digging for what they do have to find something you can make work.
Spent part of the day re-clocking an alternator.

Crummy

Hope it doesn't knock the front end off that!!
I'm sure I'll be modifying it after the first snow & bend a few things up. Made up a 2" receiver to the "frame" so if it starts a wiggling there I should feel it in the seat :)

I love those mini trucks. There’s a couple running around here.
Would be fun to have one but, dang, the price!
$5k delivered to my place here, no way was I going to spend $18k+ on a UTV. Loading it up with cans tomorrow and going to the waste transfer- the little mini uses less fuel 15 mile round trip than the Superduty does starting.

Crummy

@crane operator I told you I'd get pics when they showed up again.
Different outfit, 2 cranes now not one big mamma. the other one showed up between when I went down and came back- just in front of the white pickup in the last 2 pics can't really see it 4 axle AT.
The first prestressed section is sitting down the road- it's BIG, but short, sitting on a 4 axle truck & 3+3+3. Didn't get a pic of that, sorry.

KIMG0058.JPG KIMG0059.JPG KIMG0060.JPG KIMG0061.JPG

crane operator

Thanks crummy, looks like about a 180 ton demag. Glad he gets to set on those little plastic pads. They are nice to move around, but they don't give you a lot of support.

Going to drive the new bridge beam onto the new section of bridge, and just have a smaller crane on each side. The first time around they probably couldn't get anything across so had to make the full pick from one side/ one crane.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Bad crane mats were what destroyed a Grove I had to cut the mast away on. That and arrogant Line Crewmen.

Crummy

The Super Duty decided to not start, acted like the GPR wasn't working so I swapped out the one from the service truck to see- that was it. I got 200a units- might as well replace both. What a difference. The first thing I would do if I got another 7.3L is replace the GPR. White Rodgers 586-902

Crummy

Got a "Help!" call yesterday.
Big pulley off the crusher. It moved and then stopped!!!! Now it won't budge!!!!
2 20 ton jacks held up with Mule tape, 3 people working out of the bucket of the 980, chained up to the 315.
"It's not moving"
It will
It did

Crummy

The big pulley was coming off to get to the bearing behind. He said it was getting too hot for his liking. I asked if he had a temp gun, "oh yeah, I shot it and the housing was 315°..."
Yazzzzz.....that's a little warm.