• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Crummy

Still waiting on those pictures.....:)
They moved it out but it should be back for the other 1/2.
Most I've seen working on the bridge lately is 3 guys, a guy with a clipboard, and a dog that wears a safety vest- I don't think they will be done by the end of next month like they said.

Crummy

I got in yesterday afternoon and there was 4 cases of brake clean, 6 cases of grease, antifreeze, and 6 pails of various oils sitting in front of the workshop. I feel rich, at least for a minute or so.

Crummy

I've caught a lot of grief over the years for how much cleaner I use & steam cleaning if it's bad before diving in "You afraid of getting your hands dirty? HaHaHa!". For me, watching a guy grab a few wrenches out of the truck and opening something closed/filtered that's covered with oil/grease/dirt makes me close my eyes real tight. Maybe it's just me.

skyking1

no it's not you. I cringe when I have to take a hydraulic line off the valve body on the 120. I hosed the crap out of it before I started for sure. Those single line repairs in the field are the worst. Nobody wants to take the time, and that little perfect piece of sand could ruin your week.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
When I was young and had to have a job, I jumped into anything just to get the machine up and running as quickly as possible. As I got older I got a little more picky. If something is available to clean with, I'll use it.

Truck Shop

People-everyone gripes about the political correctness in todays world-I will only play it so far which is about a 1/4", When it comes to what I
do for a living then all political correctness goes out the door. I don't pour concrete, bake cakes, perform dental surgery, install roofing nor am
I a world traveler. I only work on Class Eight trucks that's what I do I'm not there to hold the customers or the bosses hand. It's attached to their
arm and their problem, they need to see a therapist if they need that.

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
Clean is nice but you only have two choices when you are twenty miles up the ClearWater Road north of the Quinalt reservation at 5:00PM on a Friday evening and have to have a machine fixed for Monday morning at 5:00AM. Fix it or don't expect to get paid. I usually had a good air compressor and maybe a solvent sprayer and did the best I could to not get dirties mixed into the clean stuff. Then again, that's what filters are for. I didn't often get to work in shops that had overhaul rooms with all the amenities of pressure washers, overhead cranes, dishwashers and precision machine tools. No one ever faulted me or cared about a little dirt on the machines that I got running for Monday at 5:00 AM.

Crummy

The steam cleaner gets loaded up fairly rarely for things that look like lava flows. The Boss PTO compressor and the air lance is pretty.....aggressive.
I'm too afraid of getting something in a system that's after a filter.