• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Crummy

Went to the pit for some gravel yesterday and ended up spending a couple of hours up on the crusher helping get to the failed bearing. Always expect the unexpected.

BigWrench55

All you need now is a pair of vice grips, electrical tape or duct tape, some scotch locks,and a random color spool of wire. Then you would be better equipped than the so called mechanics that Vetech63 is dealing with. :D
Oh I almost forgot about the most important tool... bailing wire :D

Crummy

My buddy and I are out by the workshop yesterday and hear a loud weed eater noise- what the heck is that? It's a frickin drone! Just about to go ankle deep in brass and remember my neighbors just put their house up for sale :( Great folks, sorry to see them go. Cool picture, my place is far right mom's is the middle one.
drone.jpg

Crummy

The Super Duty had the infamous vacuum line leak to the auto lock hubs, of course all I had was an empty spool on the service truck. I digress, but is it just me that has 2,234 empty plastic spools around because they would be good for....something? Kind of like farmers & 5gal buckets. So, I stopped at the parts house to pick some up went in back to grab a spool- 6' left. Hey, go ahead and get me a spool on the way.....aaaaaannnnnnd, you guessed it.
Here's my new idea to save time-
Hi! welcome to [parts house]. How can I help you? Oh, just so you know, whatever you are looking for "isn't in the system".

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I saw one of those rigs parked a long side the road with a for sale sign in the window. No plow installed on it though. Right now it would be gold as there is about eight inches on the ground in this area.

Crummy

I've gotten completely away from working on trucks.
And now no more doing any pre-purchase inspections.
#1 reason: I looked at it and you'll have more in it getting it going than finding one ready to work. "I'm going to buy it anyway, it's a really good deal". I just told you it's not a good deal, why did you have me go and waste my time looking at it?
#2 recently: Same, it's a POS. "do I owe you anything since it's a POS and I'm not buying it?". Wait, what? Seriously?
Plenty of things to do without dealing with these jackwagons

Zewnten

I've gotten completely away from working on trucks.
And now no more doing any pre-purchase inspections.
#1 reason: I looked at it and you'll have more in it getting it going than finding one ready to work. "I'm going to buy it anyway, it's a really good deal". I just told you it's not a good deal, why did you have me go and waste my time looking at it?
#2 recently: Same, it's a POS. "do I owe you anything since it's a POS and I'm not buying it?". Wait, what? Seriously?
Plenty of things to do without dealing with these jackwagons

And I'm guessing telling them how much money you just saved them doesn't help.

Crummy

And I'm guessing telling them how much money you just saved them doesn't help.
No. It seems that they are expecting a report of it will go another 10 years with just oil changes or they are wasting money paying someone to look at it. Or something like that.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Have a regular following currently as to my previous life as a wrench coming out. First thing requested is a machine inspect on something that I know they will buy anyway, can hear it in their excitement of finding it be it a truck, tractor, HEq or anything else. I just apologize and explain I do not do that, not worth the problems.

They also want to know if I work less expensive than other wrenches in the area, explained is not worth double what they are making anymore and they walk away disheartened.