• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Seeing and hearing of this here as well

KW dealer orders my parts, nothing in stock, 3-5 days obtain
Shop I run out of no #8 JIC fittings ANY, no 13/32 hose and cannot get, nearly every tfuck using 13/32 for fuel lines.
Container ships noted as sitting offshore US
Critical materials in cans and not able to port up, No Vaccinations records.

Bluox

OK, how about this one:
Went and checked out an ad I saw for a local little saw mill operation selling 2x4's for $4.25/ea. Ended up buying everything he had on the ground. He said if we need any more let him know as he and his partner are running day and night to keep up with the demand.
So here's the thing-
He said no shortage of logs to process, they've got loggers begging them to take log truck loads, because they are paying MORE than the big mills for logs!!!!!
And selling the finished product for less than 1/2?
Wait, wait, wait.....there's something wrong here.
I will not purchase a stick of lumber now that's from a big mill. Scamdemic shutdowns! Cant get workers! Bullsh!t, you a$$holes are just profiteers.
Keep my money local and food on someones table.
I'm so pissed now about what's going on I can't put it into words.
One word "Brokers " They are making a killing.
Bob

Crummy

Went to start the service truck yesterday to set the last 2 walls with the crane- turned the key on- nothing nada zip. No power to the dash at all, no lights nothing. Batteries up & house circuits work fine. The thing has been flawlessly dependable since I put it together. Oh well, something for me to do this morning.

Crummy

Where's your mud flaps?
I took them off before I took them off. Moving on-site not getting on pavement. Someone in the past was smart enough to put them on piano hinges.
The operator on the other end (me) looses his ever loving mind when dump truck drivers dump piles "all over the #*^@ing place" and not like crayons in a box.

Crummy

"Mass excavator" or not, you're gettin' sh!t done! Looks like a good day for it too!
Getting it done a [little] scoop at a time.
Beautiful weather, bit warm in the afternoons though.
I loaded out with the excavator at the quarry and it felt like I was sitting in the next county.

Crummy

Folks around here have been saying what a bad hay year it is. I don't know sh!t about hay other than horse owners and ranchers bitch about what it costs....always. My neighbors cut & baled their 85ac of hay ground this weekend, must be bad- there was at least a dozen bales on my side of the slope last year, this year- one.

KIMG0041.JPG

Crummy

They didn't bale the whole field. Maybe costing more in fuel than getting in bales? My friend said they will probably burn the field next year.

Crummy

I worked too many hours Monday and gave myself heat exhaustion, first time ever- getting older is taking some getting used to. Very unpleasant. Supposed to be 90-110° for the next week so early start early quit. Never again.

Truck Shop

You lived on the west side for quite a while didn't you?

Had a salesman in the shop yesterday that just moved to Tri Cities from Federal Way. Sweating
and complaining about the heat. lived on the westside his entire life. Nothing but water no pop.

Crummy

You lived on the west side for quite a while didn't you?

Had a salesman in the shop yesterday that just moved to Tri Cities from Federal Way. Sweating
and complaining about the heat. lived on the westside his entire life. Nothing but water no pop.
I'm the opposite of the salesman- I tolerate heat here WAY better than the heat on the coast, I suffered greatly when it got 'hot' there. That's probably part of the problem- I think I can do more. 6am to 5pm, even though it was only 85° probably wasn't a good idea. I haven't had a pop in probably a decade, up to around 2gal of water & juice a day though. I need to discipline like when I was working in Mojave-China Lake: 5am-2pm then siesta, no more "just one more thing then I'll be done for the day".

Crummy

Well, now it's filters. Went to pick one up that is ALWAYS in stock and nope, have the ONE he found in the system here next week. NAPA counter guy said stock up on what you need.

Bluox

Well, now it's filters. Went to pick one up that is ALWAYS in stock and nope, have the ONE he found in the system here next week. NAPA counter guy said stock up on what you need.
Too late , the local store here has had to order about half of any filters I wanted for the last 6 months and it was stuff they normally kept 6 of in stock .
I ordered a part from a tool warehouse in Fresno Cal last week normally overnite took 7 days, Fed Ex guy said it set in Troutdale Wa. terminal 5 days because they don't have enough people to unload trailers.
Bob

Truck Shop

Filters, marker lights, brake drums you name it I triple the order. Plus I constantly order
two weeks ahead of time. For me I'm not worried about too much inventory-It will get
used eventually.