• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Crummy

Back to our regularly scheduled programming-
I went to look at a machine- "It just quit and won't turn over now"
Nobody there when I went to check, did a 1-2-3 check
Called him-
When was the last time you checked the engine oil?
"Uhhh- why?"
Because there's none in it
"Can you fix it so I can finish baling?"
Well, noooo.......
"Are you going to charge me to come out since you couldn't fix it?"
"Hello? Are you still there?"

Crummy

Well, if LE shows up maybe time to mention her saying she has Macular Degeneration and her vision is bad. Mention maybe she needs to be re-evaluated for driver’s license.
(Or, mention that to her...might shut her down)
I'm going to keep a low profile there. Odds are pretty good she went up after our last.....conversation....got on the internet and clicked the "report your neighbor" button on the eff bee eye website.o_O

Raildudes dad

I've worked for the local county highway department 49 years last Saturday. 3 places I won't live, a gravel road, a private road or a public road on a lake. All have way to much drama. Give me my public paved road :)

Truck Shop

I've worked for the local county highway department 49 years last Saturday. 3 places I won't live, a gravel road, a private road or a public road on a lake. All have way to much drama. Give me my public paved road :)

Yeah well my neighbor across the street thinks his place should be a junkyard in a neighborhood. Lazy as a dead dog he is-about 400 lbs with a mohawk. I refer to him as
Hedge Hog. You can still have problems on a public street.

Crummy

Had a pretty good size fire going across the valley yesterday afternoon/evening. 2 Chinooks & 1 Huey dipping out of the river, 6 ag-type planes, 1 plane orbiting higher, & 1 King Air doing big orbits above that- guessing that was using some high tech imaging thingy looking at hot spots.
The Chinooks wold drop and DIVE back down to the river (we're 1,500' above it) must have been quite a ride.
Ag planes were orbiting 2 at a time over my place then head north like a strafing run break hard and head south to re-arm, 2 more would be orbiting here

JD955SC

I'm going to keep a low profile there. Odds are pretty good she went up after our last.....conversation....got on the internet and clicked the "report your neighbor" button on the eff bee eye website.o_O

After the Alphabet Bois get done shooting your dog and burning your house down send them over here

Crummy

I went down the hill to the little 2-pump card lock early am yesterday to fill generator fuel jugs then on the way back up I was going to walk out in the field and trim up some low branches on my 2 big pine trees so any grass fires don't light them up- snakes are bad this year so do it early.
Sheriff pulls in and we're jawing, he's griping that he hates summer holiday weekends, especially this one since it's so hot, because locals he can say "stop it" and it's over but the out-of-town folks camping on the rivers not so much.
He tops off and says "have a good weekend, stay cool!" You too, stay safe.
It hits me as I'm finishing up- door is open on the mini closest to him with the Pardner 12ga snattlerake blaster & AR shorty 'yote rig on the seat and I'm all John Wayne with the .45 LC S&W snake shot on my hip.

Crummy

He's a multi-tour combat vet I hear. I'm sure I'm the butt of a few "saw an Idaho County technical today...." jokes in the squad bay.
[edit] maybe I should weld up a tripod and mount a 10-22 up there to be taken seriously?

Crummy

Long gone are the days when visible guns just made people curios. I'm remembering gun racks in the pickup window where the shotguns and fishing poles stayed while we were in high school.
High school on Whidbey rigs with slug guns in the window rack deer season in the parking lot. No big deal. Normal.

Truck Shop

When George Bush senior visited Kalispell the SS got nervous with all the rigs in the
AP parking lot with guns in racks visible pickups. No joke the mayor replied-----------
{ no one would dare take a shot or do anything around here, your in the safest place,
We will just mow him down}.

hvy 1ton

Long gone are the days when visible guns just made people curios. I'm remembering gun racks in the pickup window where the shotguns and fishing poles stayed while we were in high school.
When I was I high school, one of the teachers tried to get a kid in trouble for having a gun rack in his truck. Not guns, just the rack.