• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Crummy

2 votes "keep" 0 "get rid"
Maybe load into shipping containers which, by the way, are now against county code to have on your property here, & then fly onto a wagon for the trip. Boom. Done.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Containers are by far the best way to go. Before the people started buying and selling them all over hell I used to pick up at terminals through a friend and bring them home as backhauls. Mark them up a bit over my cost and make a few bucks.

Crummy

Since I'm looking at getting some property and moving to snow country I figured I'd better get on the ball and get my little excavator & loader in the shop this fall/winter and do all the things I've been saying I need to get done. First is the radiator on the old itty-bitty hoe (KH-41)- $719+ shipping for Kubota is not going to happen did a little checking on repair & not much better. Hit eBay and found an aftermarket for a Honda car that is exactly the same dimensions (14"x18") and layout for.....$43. We will see how it goes, going to need a little fab work to make it mount but I figure I could get another 19 for spares for the price of the OEM. A few this-n-that's and then the little loader (TCM 808) comes in and find out why it doesn't want to start easy, I'm guessing low compression so I'll probably re-power it. I also want to fab a QC for it as it has the bucket it came with, forks & grapple rake I built, and probably be looking at some kind of a snow pusher.

One HUGE bummer about looking at moving- I'm really going to miss this shop. It took me 18 years to get it just right and the odds are zero I can replace it.

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
When you fit into the community where you're headed, perhaps a shop very similar may materialise at some point?

Crummy

When you fit into the community where you're headed, perhaps a shop very similar may materialise at some point?
I hope one materializes because I just don't have another big project in me to have to build one. No hair left to pull out, either.

Labparamour

Your truck is coming along nicely!

I here you about moving. I have 5 acres in E. King county. Work takes me into Seattle. I'm usually in town at 3am on through the day- crazy the tents/trash and transients. I also get over to eastern Wa- what a difference! Except, still have the yahoos on the coast calling the shots.

A friend moved from here to Idaho- between Athol and Rathdrum (about 20 minutes north of CdA. Found 5 acres. I've been over there a couple times.
It gets me thinking of moving.

Wish you well with the hunt.

Darryl

Crummy

So, what happens when you put a radiator in that holds pressure-
A: No problems
B: The one hose you didn't replace that requires taking the whole thing apart to get to starts leaking

Sooo glad I'm like every other customer and didn't take my advice and replace everything while I was in there already.
I'm going to charge myself double on labor for for being such a cheap a$$

Crummy

You ever have one of those days like, say, replacing a simple plug-n-play glow plug timer put everything back together and then NOTHING works?

Batkom

Crummy
You definitely want to be 30 miles or more north or south of CDA. CDA is turning into California in my opinion, to many Cali moved here n too many sports and movie people around the lake.
The traffic in the summer makes you want to move to Seattle - lol - not really, but it’s getting bad.
Another area to consider is the silver valley.
Work might be tough there though.
Lived in this area all my life. Still better than most places I have traveled to though.