• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Full Circle- Back to where I started (almost)

Batkom

It’s all good till teenage years, and, or boys.
Then it improves again around 20.
My only advice-stay involved with her - even when she’s difficult.

colson04

I have 2 young daughters (23 months old and 4 months old) I'm just learning about raising daughters. Right now one is super cute, cuddly and just plain adorable and the other is an infant doing baby things. Two things I'm not looking forward to are hormone changes and boys.

I remember the hormonal mood swings my older sister went through like it was yesterday. She had a phase that she made everybody's life miserable. She was unbearable for a few years, but today, her and my dad are real close.

As for the boys, well, I think I remember pretty well what I wanted most during that age, and it wasn't just holding hands...

Crummy

My girls were......challenging at times. My son, unfortunately for him, never bulked up enough to take on the bull and the pouty-bottom-lip-big-cow-eyes worked for his sisters but just looked stupid when he did it.

Crummy

I get a call to give a second opinion on an overheating condition. Service tech says thermostat bad and the water pump is leaking and gives a big dollar estimate to R&R both. Take my trusty old Stant tester pump-pump-pump..........uhhhhh, it's not leaking anywhere near the water pump more like between the head & block that's not good. Where do these people come from? Just guess and throw parts at it?

hosspuller

... Where do these people come from? Just guess and throw parts at it?

Sure, they're not on the hook for time and money. Even the hit to a reputation isn't theirs, that's the dealer's. That's why I turn wrenches on my stuff. Every time something breaks, I learn a bit more about the machine.

Crummy

I've done my good deed for today. My neighbors son-in-law called me up & says their car is udders to the sky and the estimate they got is well, pricey, and Jim said to give me call could I help maybe? Three kids, one Autistic, not a lot of money but getting by (both hard workers). Sure, I'll take a look. Put it on the lift and get it squared away this morning, call him to come by and pick it up. "what do I owe you?" Don't worry about it, that's what neighbors are for. "you saved Christmas for my kids....". Awwwww

This has Hallmark Christmas Special written all over it!

Crummy

Sometimes a guy can downsize too much, or not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, I haven't decided which yet. I've got a little project up the road a bit that I figured would be easier if I loaded up my little (7,600#) loader with the forks on to move stuff, then realized, with the voice in my head saying "what is wrong with you!", that I don't have a trailer anymore that will haul it! I can't easily count the number of trailers I've had through the years- everything from 55t lowboy to single axle, dumps, enclosed (I know I've had 3 of those), flatbeds, gooseneck, tag,....but nothing that will do the job now. I like buying stuff though. Looking at Craigslist jeeez I may just as well get exactly what I want new.

gtermini

I like buying stuff though. Looking at Craigslist jeeez I may just as well get exactly what I want new.

Seriously. I've been looking for a deal on a low angle tilt bumper pull for a long while, and I'm just going to buy a new one. Typical pricing is $500 off new for a six year old, beat up hunk of scrap.

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
It is funny, I have put some stuff on CL at the same high prices I see everything else listed for, never sells. Drop the price by thousands, still never sells. I have not figured out how to make money, price it high or low or am I listing it wrong?

Labparamour

Yeah. You probably didn’t say
“Like new.”
“Worked great when parked (10yrs ago)”
“Never used. Wife got it for me but wrong size.”

:p

Crummy

Seriously. I've been looking for a deal on a low angle tilt bumper pull for a long while, and I'm just going to buy a new one. Typical pricing is $500 off new for a six year old, beat up hunk of scrap.
I hear ya. Two that interested me: 2005 @ $5000 FIRM!; $6100 2018 new locally, 2014 @ $4,750; $4,100 2018 on sale locally.

It is funny, I have put some stuff on CL at the same high prices I see everything else listed for, never sells. Drop the price by thousands, still never sells. I have not figured out how to make money, price it high or low or am I listing it wrong?
My first thought is usually "I priced that waaaaay too cheap it sold quick". Then I think, "nah, I wouldn't have called on it myself at any more". CL is goofy. I've had more luck selling junk I never thought I'd be able to sell than good stuff.

Yeah. You probably didn’t say
“Like new.”
“Worked great when parked (10yrs ago)”
“Never used. Wife got it for me but wrong size.”

:p
"$4,000 in receipts".
Not to be an a$$, but I've got plenty of receipts around and don't need any more how much without 'em?

Crummy

Product review
I've always used CRC Brakleen. Lots of it. Cases & cases of it. I needed to buy another case and was pricing around geez that stuff isn't cheap anywhere anymore. I decided to give the Walmart house brand brake cleaner a try. I used a few cans today and can't say the CRC is worth over 2x the price for the same size can.

Crummy

Electrical tape. Most of it is worthless.
If you know someone that's a lineman sometimes rolls of Super 33 in the handy plastic case fall off their trucks.:rolleyes:

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
When comes to those types of products I buy the cheapest, when it come to something like lets say duct tape I buy the best {I want it to stay on the bosses mouth as long as possible}:p

Truck Shop
Even better if he has a beard and mustache! Just don't let my wife get that idea!

Crummy

Tech diagnosis is- "Replace water pump & thermostat"
You make the call (am I missing something here?):
Hook up your handy-dandy diag tool
Select live data "graph: coolant temp"
Cold engine, start & idle
47deg....58....90.....100....154.....176....180....181....184....182....183...
Load on engine for 10 minutes- 203deg rock solid
Back to idle, no load, then 50% throttle- 203.....194....187....178....182...

Birken Vogt

Charter Member
What is the problem with the 203? What is spec for the engine?

If it was mine to fix I would tape and insulate a thermocouple to some part that is known to be full water temperature such as a coolant recirc hose, better yet a steel line that has cylinder head coolant coming out of it, or the lower part of the thermostat housing if it is metal and accessible. And compare to see if the sender unit is off by a few degrees.