1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!
  2. ALL NEW MEMBERS READ THIS FIRST!! Thank you for joining Heavy Equipment Forums! If you are new to forums we communicate with "Threads", please search our threads to see if your topic may have already been answered and if not then click "Post New Thread" in the appropriate forum. This will allow all of our members to see your question and give you the best chance to be answered. After you've made a number of posts you will graduate to Full Member status where you'll see a few more privileges. Following these guidelines will help make this the best resource for heavy equipment on the net. Thanks for joining us and I hope you enjoy your stay!!

Falling Scrap Iron prices

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by Old Doug, Jan 22, 2015.

1. farmerlund

farmerlund Senior Member

Farmer/ excavator
    Called the other day here and its $20. My giant pile will just keep growing I guess.

DMiller likes this.
  2. petepilot

petepilot Senior Member

disgusting :mad: local s,y, here is not taking anything less than demo load & dirt cheap for that

CM1995 and DMiller like this.
  3. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

Years ago it was low and it went to $35 a ton i hauled a lot of it for that price. If it gets back to $100 i will get rid of the cars.I dont have room to store much more.

DMiller likes this.
  4. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I hauled a load of tin today got $ 85.00 i would love to haul another but its muddy when it stops raining i will haul some more and try to get some cars ready.

5. DMiller

DMiller Senior Member

Retired
    I need to get that donor carcass cut down to haul if ever crosses $85t here

Ronsii likes this.
  6. Ronsii

Ronsii Senior Member

s/e Heavy equipment operator
    i know what you mean... I keep saying that about one of my 2U's... and maybe a few other things... although I think I'll hold out for at least 200/tn...

DMiller likes this.
  7. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I hauled another load and reloaded this week end. This has most of the tin and wire hauled off. If it gos up or stays at this price till the end of summer i will haul my cars. I need a good price to feed my 3.5 mpg truck.

8. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I am going to start hauling my cars off. I am afraid that with every thing that is going on its will stay the same till winter then drop and i will be stuck with them for a while.

DMiller likes this.
  9. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

Is the price getting any better,i havent watched it for a while

DMiller likes this.
  10. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

It went way down in the spring then came back to $80.00 a ton for cars. I had plans to buy a truck and trade trailers and haul it all off . I got the truck but dont think i will buy a trailer now.

DMiller likes this.
  11. Randy88

Randy88 Senior Member

I got sick of all the stuff laying around and hauled off a few loads about a month ago, think it was about 45 a ton, not much more than the fuel it took to haul it away but at least its gone and now have more room to pile more up again.

AllDodge and DMiller like this.