1. Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Falling Scrap Iron prices

Discussion in 'Recycling' started by Old Doug, Jan 22, 2015.

1. Old Doug

Old Doug Senior Member

I would love to see $140.00 for my cars.I have been hearing the place i sell to thats 30 miles away is going to close. If that happens i will have to go over 70 miles. That doesent sound far but my truck is screaming at 55 and with the hills it takes close to 2 hours to get there but if the price went way up i would scrap some of my trucks and get one thats not as old as i am.I can always dream or i can get by with my stuff sell it all and stop working so many hours.

Tugger2, DMiller and Ronsii like this.
  2. Tugger2

Tugger2 Senior Member

I have various crane hulks and other heavy chunks laying around the yard . All the light stuff that accumulates i just send out and get nothing for ,just to keep things in order. Hopefully the heavy stuff will bring a buck someday,its the best i have for a pension plan.

DMiller and Ronsii like this.