• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Euclid

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Nice picture but I like the older Euclid colour better LOL
The older Euclid is the original Euclid Green, officially called "Euclid Chartreuse". It is a lighter green than the newer Terex "Euclid" green. The Terex version had a darker green look than the old Euclid color. I remember buying both colors when painting equipment back in the 80's. The Euclid color does not look good on a metal storage building, that I can tell you from experience. Neither color looks good on a pickup truck either.
Jeff

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
That green is not bad, but it looks nothing like a solid Euclid green . The color shown is much brighter green, in fact, that looks a lot like the green Dodge/Plymouth used on their sporty cars. When you get a chance, paint one in Euclid green and post it on here. :)
Another green color not meant for vehicles is J.D. green. My uncle painted his farm truck in JD green. Yuck!
Jeff

digger doug

Occupation
Thrash-A-Matic designer
Another green color not meant for vehicles is J.D. green. My uncle painted his farm truck in JD green. Yuck!
Jeff
I disasgree..... think JD should start making Pick-up trucks (they have the capacity in their factories, and the dealer network to back it up)
Simple 3/4 ton 4x4 only, and with the addition of dual tires, a 1 ton version. With one of their many diesel engines, and no frills.

Sell to the contractors they already have as customers.
Qty (2) versions (different by paint job only)
1. Version #1 for farmers, sold thru the AG dealerships, JD green with a JD yellow stripe.
2. Version #2 sold thru the construction dealerships, JD yellow with a JD green stripe.

Heck, you would be guaranteed 10k sales each year just to the "Green & Yellow Underwear crowd" alone, and the fleet sales might prove good, offering the trucks as a add in to a large machinery order.

skyking1

Hank I spotted this lonely Euc from the freeway on the drive over to work on my friend's place, and had to go back on the way home. It got dark but it was an R35 next to the Ford water truck.
PXL_20220411_030716594-1.jpg

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Here's an attempt at posting a group of images, this is the scans or an Euclid R-105 sale brochure:
Well that did not work file too big, will try adjusting and post again!