• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

Hi Wolf,

This job is 13 acres. No idea on the number of trees. Not a lot of good wood on this job. There is a lot of scrub hardwood on it.

Landclearer

Had a busy week. Worked on the clearing job, got rained out, dug a pool and spent Saturday close to home grinding and loading mulch.

Load of pulp wood.

log1.jpg

Load of 8 inch chip and saw.

log2.jpg

Quick pool dig

log3.jpg

Loading mulch onto the Silver Bullet

log4.jpg

log5.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
You been busy LC?

I admire your clearing operation, it's something I would like to get into. Two of my guys have logging experience from the old days of chainsaws and chokers, they'd be animals with newer equipment.

Landclearer

Hi CM,

Yes we have been busy but the reason for not posting is a new camera. I need to figure out how to get pics from it to the computer.

Thanks for the compliment on the clearing. I do enjoy clearing especially the logging part. Don't think I would want to go old school with chainsaws and chokers though:D going to start grinding tomorrow. Had a bunch of rain again and it is nasty. Should get some pics this week and get them on here.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Winter in the south... which means a boatload of rain.:rolleyes:

Stay dry and warm, a couple of months left still spring then we'll be complaining about how hot it is.:D

Fastdirt

But we do get about three months of ideal weather every year to balance the scorcher and soaker seasons out.

Glad to see the Pete kept clean LOl. I hope you are keeping my future KW clean too :)

Landclearer

Got my camera figured out. I have a fair amount of pics since the 1st of the year. Here is a pool that we had to fill instead of dig. It is at a pool house that we are doing. Same place as the sur charge with the army truck.

jan16 041.jpg

jan16 036.jpg

jan16 035.jpg

jan16 033.jpg

Landclearer

A few more pics.

Load of red oak saw logs off the clearing job.

jan16 016.jpg

Grinding on the same job.

jan16 008.jpg

jan16 007.jpg

Our new used root rake for the skidsteer.

jan16 005.jpg

loading some trash on a Saturday lot clearing job.

jan16 002.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
A little 963 love!:drink up

Interesting pool build, that's the way they build them in Costa Rica. Dig a hole, pour the bottom, block the sides and tile the entire pool. Stands up to earthquakes.:beatsme

That's a nice looking root rake, can't tell from the pic - does it have pin on teeth?

Good to see you've been able to stay busy, the rain has killed us the last 45 days.

Landclearer

A little 963 love!:drink up

Interesting pool build, that's the way they build them in Costa Rica. Dig a hole, pour the bottom, block the sides and tile the entire pool. Stands up to earthquakes.:beatsme

That's a nice looking root rake, can't tell from the pic - does it have pin on teeth?

The rake does have pin on teeth. That is a stout built little thing.

Sorry to hear about the rain killing you. We are lucky, we usually have a job or two in the sand we can go to if everything else gets too wet.

Good to see you've been able to stay busy, the rain has killed us the last 45 days.

Hey CM, the 963 is my girl. I have always wanted a 73:rolleyes:

On the pool, they are actually going to panel form the walls and shoot 8 inches of shotcrete on the floor and walls. There is going to be a 6 foot gap between the block walls and pool walls that we are going to have to fill. Not sure I would want a Costa Rican pool:D

We are lucky, we usually have a sandy job or two that we can go to if everything else gets to bad.

mitch504

I'm very familiar with that area, I used to do a lot of clearing and road building off Hwy 76 in Berkeley County, in the pre-'08 world. I'm about 50 miles from Summerville.

2 out of the 3 hardwood mills around here closed in the last couple of years, now, the guy that's left gets so much wood, he almost wants you to pay him!

Landclearer

Hey Mitch,

Its a small world! They pay pretty good money for red oak logs and pretty decent for mixed hardwoods also. We sent a load to the hardwood export place by the cement plants and got $1500 for it. We don't even send hardwood pulp to the mill, we grind it up for mulch.

Landclearer

Couple pics from this week. Finished grinding on the clearing job early Monday and did a little regrind before we left.

marsh house 022.jpg

marsh house 020.jpg

Moved back to the pool house job to backfill the pool. Fun job.

marsh house 018.jpg

marsh house 016.jpg

3 truck loads from one bucket on the KX-080?:D

marsh house 011.jpg

Fastdirt

All great pictures again. Love the one with the Pete and KW getting loaded up. Now that's getting it done. The new root rake looks like it'll get it done too. Probably fun to run. I can't quite understand the filling in of the pool and the void between the two walls..it all looks like new block and shotcrete.

I too love the big raptor and owl sightings. I'll stop everything I'm doing and start watching them and try approaching very slowly while taking pictures and see how close I can get. All the while the bird is probably thinking stupid human. I've seen some footage of hawks attacking drones which is very fascinating. Now I see where they have eagles trained to attack drones and bring them down. Pretty cool.

Anyway great pictures.

Landclearer

Thanks FD. It is nice having trucks to get things done in a hurry. It was a pleasure being able to get the trucks on the lot instead of in the street.

As for the pool, we graded the bottom, they panel formed it, shot it then we had to fill in between the pool and retaining wall. They figured the dirt would not stand up. This is not the guys we usually dig for.

I love watching the big birds to. We have Hawks, osprey and eagles around here. We've worked around several eagle nesting areas. I think eagles are about the hardest to get pics of. I need to see if I can find the eagle and the drone on YouTube, sounds neat.

Landclearer

Bunch of little jobs this week.

Finished filling a lot and started a second one.

trommel 003.jpg

trommel 004.jpg

Did this pipe job. Little over 400 feet of pipe and six knockout boxes. The place was wet and a real apin to work in. Did the whole thing in about 2.25 days.

trommel 010.jpg

Another little pipe job on the golf course. I think it was about 250 feet of pipe and 3 yard inlets.

trommel 015.jpg

Load of mulch coming in to be reground on Sat afternoon.

trommel 001.jpg