• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Demolition, clearing and grading

Landclearer

I chock it up to a challenge and then ask myself 1/2 way through "why the hell did I take this".:bash :D

Regarding the CMP, it's similar here as we have acidic soils that attack the metal, not as corrosive as the salt you deal with but eats the metal none the less.

Concrete is tried and true. ADS works well in certain applications and if it's bedded properly.

You nailed it CM. You look at something and think it will be tough but we can do it then you start and your like why did we do this again. It sure makes you feel good when you are done and everything comes out like you wanted.

This week was another one of those jobs. It was a demo job that was real tight. No room in front or either side. You will be able to see what I mean from the pics.

First pic is from the job where we picked up the 300. Thought it was worth a picture.

demo 007.jpg

Bringing a bazooka to a knife fight:eek: Needed it for the reach.

demo 008.jpg

demo 009.jpg

demo 012.jpg

demo 016.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Damn good job LC!:drinkup

The builders, owners and developers call ya'll when there's a tough job to do, don't they?:cool2

They know ya'll will get the job down and done without a hitch. Good work. I like those tough, tight demos - keeps you on your toes.

ddigger

Occupation
contractor,owner operater
Well done! I love those types. Did you have to save the foundation? What was the reason for the demo? I suspect to much money syndrome.

Landclearer

Damn good job LC!:drinkup

The builders, owners and developers call ya'll when there's a tough job to do, don't they?:cool2

They know ya'll will get the job down and done without a hitch. Good work. I like those tough, tight demos - keeps you on your toes.

Thanks CM. It makes you feel good to get a compliment from a guy that has done the work.

That is our unofficial company motto, if nobody else wants to do it, call us!:D Like you said, the harder the job the more you stay on your toes. There are a ton of tourist around and you know that since everyone has a video camera in there phone you better not screw up:eek:

Thanks again!

Landclearer

Well done! I love those types. Did you have to save the foundation? What was the reason for the demo? I suspect to much money syndrome.

Thanks digger for the much appreciated compliment. No the foundation is going as well as the driveway. Taking everything down to dirt. You nailed it, to much money syndrome. They bought and talked about remodeling but decided to wreck instead. These jobs are getting more frequent which is fine by me;)

Landclearer

Nothing exciting this week. Finished the demo job. We did find some huge footers. Not sure why they were like that. Also did a couple building pads on the shopping center job. I will get some pics of that job once we start the parking lots.

footers 001.jpg

footers 002.jpg

footers 003.jpg

footers 005.jpg

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
I'm with you on footings. Sometimes it doesn't make any sense why someone spent so much money pouring such massive footings when they didn't have too.:beatsme

Did you use the "poor man's hammer" trick to size the footings for haul-out?:D It's a very effective technique, not hard to break large chunks of concrete into manageable pieces, even with rebar.

dirty4fun

That poor mans hammer is quite a handy tool. Thou the last corncrib I tore down I had to use my skidsteer hammer in the middle so I could use half of it to break the rest of it. Years back concrete was cheap labor was cheap and not many dump trucks to haul in fill, so concrete was used as fill I think.

Landclearer

Yeah the poor mans hammer was used on this job. Like CM said it is effective. Not sure but it looks like they poured a footer on either side of an existing footer pinned with rebar and covered everything with about 8 inches.

At first I was thinking we were going to have to what you did Dirty and break out the hammer. We got lucky and were able to break it up into pretty smallish chunks. Fortunately for us concrete has always been expensive around here, no rock:D

JDOFMEMI

Nice work on the demo LC.

Your job pictures are a little like a "How To" guide.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Still not sure what all the rebar sticking out of the bottoms is for:beatsme

It looks like whoever tied the steel drove those short sections of rebar into the ground to hang the horizontal rebar on, which is bad, especially in a corrosive environment.

The steel drove into the ground will rust and carry the rust right through the reinforcing steel, eventually. Concrete brick is the best reinforcing support on dirt, even clay brick will wick moisture up to the steel.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Hey CM1995 what is the name of your company

Welcome to the Forums IDODIRT!:drinkup Glad to have ya'.

Respectfully, I chose to keep personal information off the Forum. Drop me a PM when you get 3 posts, your status will be upgraded and you will be able to use the private message function.