• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big load and haul operation :)

Jeff D.

OK I have to ask. I know this will really throw a wrench in to the works so here it goes.
Beings I drive and operate where dose that put me?:eek:
Well, unfortunately you'll eventually have to pick a group and then stick with them too the bitter end.:confused:

Choose wisely!!

I'm not going too try and persaude you in either direction, but just so you know, one of those two groups includes all of the "puppy kickers", "Nana haters", & "generally unsavory" characters.:yup

I won't say which side that is, but it's not the "truck driver" side.:nono :cool:

(Oh, and just one of the perks of being in the "TD" group is being classified as the "Underdog")

Last edited:

Countryboy

Occupation
Load Out Tech. / Heavy Equipment Operator / Locomo
BUMP

So everybody doesn't have to search for it...... :D

nedly05

I'm gonna attemp to change this up a tad...WILL YOU DANG OPERATORS QUIT SMASHING MY SIDEBOARDS AND BUMPING MY TAILGATE...ok I feel a lil' better now:p ;)

nedly05

COME ON, I stencilled "DO NOT BUMP" all over it in red paint.:eek:

and for the record, since I'm one a them there truck driver/operators and there is no category for them, I'm gonna be on the truck drivers side!

Truckie

COME ON, I stencilled "DO NOT BUMP" all over it in red paint.:eek:

and for the record, since I'm one a them there truck driver/operators and there is no category for them, I'm gonna be on the truck drivers side!

Same here.:beatsme
I went from full time truck driving to full time equipment operator,:D so I guess I’m going to have to go with the operators.:usa :drinkup I only have to fill in once in a while.

nedly05

It makes us better employees. You could say we're "well rounded" Not just 1 talent employees like some of em :rolleyes:

Countryboy

Occupation
It makes us better employees. You could say we're "well rounded" Not just 1 talent employees like some of em :rolleyes:

I have to agree that most truck drivers are "rounded" but how well, I don't know. :lmao

Jeff D.

I have to agree that most truck drivers are "rounded" but how well, I don't know. :lmao
Hey!!:guns :D

The best part about being a trucker is we're all hung like Einstein, and smart as a horse................er somthing!!

Countryboy

Occupation
Hey!!:guns :D

The best part about being a trucker is we're all hung like Einstein, and smart as a horse................er somthing!!

No Jeff, you definately got it right........:laugh :D

Harvuskong

Big Country Area, Tx, area in and around Abilene.
Well, since part of the subject here concerns truck drivers running over stuff, I got a true story here.

I have kinfolks in West Texas with ranches. Several section ranches too. One of them was having problems with the oil transport truckers tearing up cattle guards side wings. Now if they were just staying on main part of the cattle guard, that was no problem.

Side wings may not be the correct term. Been too long since I have had anything to do with cattle guards.

But they were not staying there on the main part when they were entering or leaving the cattle onto another road, they were driving up on the side wings of the cattle guard. That was really breaking the side wings. 2 3/8 pipe can handle only so much.

So, one of the kinfolks had the welder to make a bunch of sharp pointed spikes out of 1 inch sucker rod. They were welded sticking up at the base of the side wings.

The only way that you would have made contact with one was to be driving over on top of the base of the side wings.

It took less than a week for the word to get out to all the transport operaters and drivers operating in that county about those spikes.

The guys selling tires had a very good week that year.

And that was over 10 years ago. Last word that I had, since that first week, there has not been any problems since then.

Deas Plant

Truck drivers and running over things.

Hi, Folks.
My first time here - it's a public holiday and I actually have a little spare time on my hands.

Firstly, I acknowledge that truckies do move just about EVERYTHING that moves anywhere and that many of the highway runners and long-haul boys are good eggs - around 10% in the mix to give them all a bad name.

However, put those same truckies within a 1/2 mile of a construction site and there seems to be a MAJOR character change, to the extent that of all the different classifications of workers on construction it seems to me that truckers are the least capable of doing their job without damaging something or otherwise getting into trouble.

I have done the trick of putting spikes in the ground to catch truckies running over my pegs. I have also barred truckies from a site where I was working because they couldn't/wouldn't follow directions after being given DETAILED instructions about where to dump.

One of the barred ones was full of bluster about how I couldn't do that, me being a 'lowly' spread dozer operator on that job, so I sent him to see the foreman about whether he was barred or not. As he was walking over to see the foreman, I caught the foreman's eye and made a slitting movement across my throat. The truckie came back, much quieter, got in his truck and drove off and I never saw him again.

I was told about 5 minutes later by one of the other truckies that that particular truckie was a foreman for his company. I think that says something about that company's personnel standards.

One thing that has puzzled me for quite a while is the fact that you can have a reasonably intelligent conversation with most of these blokes away from a work site. Put 'em in a truck with a dump box on the back and they revert to the mental level of a three-toed sloth and about the same (lack of) pace too.

Mind you, having said all of the above about the 'knights of the road', I also have to admit that there is an increasing number of what would in days gone by have passed for truckies (based on mental ability) now finding their ways into the seats of machines. It's a worriesome thought.

Let the debate rage.

OKYLE

Hi, Folks.
My first time here - it's a public holiday and I actually have a little spare time on my hands.

Firstly, I acknowledge that truckies do move just about EVERYTHING that moves anywhere and that many of the highway runners and long-haul boys are good eggs - around 10% in the mix to give them all a bad name.

Oh really?

Seems just about every Long Haul truck driver I have known has had Hooker torso's in there freezers!

Them long haul truckers are bad ju ju man. Not to mention all those bombs they leave on the side of the road in 1 gallon milk jugs. :eek:

Better not have any poor kids on the side of the road being thirsty, and think they just found a nice big warm jug of lemonade...:drinkup :eek:

:p

Alan

Charter Member
Well, since part of the subject here concerns truck drivers running over stuff,,,,,,,,,,,

Actually, the subject of this thread was meant to be a joke/spoof on the digging/hauling trades. I think it's kinda funnny that it has (A) gone on for so long, and (B) has gone so far out in left field. Must be there is a grade stake in left field and it needs to get wiped out.

To do my own off topic post, around here the average dump truck driver is just about one step removed from the Neanderthals. If they can't drive OTR and are too lazy to do real work they will hire on with one of low wage dump fleets and prove, once again that humans are losing the race.