• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big load and haul operation :)

Alan

Charter Member
Got into a big load and haul operation with my 400 and my sons' 318 (both Deere Garden tractors) and dumpcart yesterday. He had a couple yards of material where he didn't need /want it and I was up there with the 400 doing some loader work anyhow.

We've both operated loaders and also been in the truck when a cowboy operator dumped a load hard. He backed in one trip while I was raising the the load to full height. Before I dumped it I idled down so he could hear me and said, "I'm gonna do something I've always wanted to do!". Naturally, he asked, "What's that?". So I brought the revs up and dumped, as fast as the equipment could manage, the whole bucket in one shot,, THUMP!! He cracked up laughing and then screamed at me, "You %*@()#$^$ loader operators are all alike!!"

Attachments

• Load-and-haul-3.jpg
    Load-and-haul-3.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3,073
  • Load-and-haul-1.jpg
    Load-and-haul-1.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 3,082

crash935

Occupation
Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
Alan said:
So I brought the revs up and dumped, as fast as the equipment could manage, the whole bucket in one shot,, THUMP!! He cracked up laughing and then screamed at me, "You %*@()#$^$ loader operators are all alike!!"

Typical loader operator, always abusing the haul equipment. :bouncegri

crash935

Occupation
norrodbh said:
Don't touch my sideboards :)

Yeah, what he said,

because i know squizzy sure aint going to fix them after he breaks them! :thumbsup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
crash935 said:
because i know squizzy sure aint going to fix them after he breaks them! :thumbsup

Never touched one yet....and all the tyre marks up the side of the truck will wash off easy :rolleyes: :cool:

Damn truck drivers sitting in their A/C cabs, cruise control, auto tailgates, auto tarps.....they got it to easy:wink2 :bouncegri :bouncegri

crash935

Occupation
Squizzy246B said:
and all the tyre marks up the side of the truck will wash off easy :rolleyes: :cool:

Damn truck drivers sitting in their A/C cabs, cruise control, auto tailgates, auto tarps.....they got it to easy:wink2 :bouncegri :bouncegri

They got it easy.... yeah right, you just keep playing in your little sandbox world waiting for the next truck to show while were out there dealing with every moron on the road. I think what your real problem is that the boss dont love you enough to buy you something with an AC cab and your jealous. :thumbsup

sorry alan, didnt mean to hijack your post.

Dozerboy

Occupation
Operator
crash935 said:
They got it easy.... yeah right, you just keep playing in your little sandbox world waiting for the next truck to show while were out there dealing with every moron on the road. I think what your real problem is that the boss dont love you enough to buy you something with an AC cab and your jealous. :thumbsup

sorry alan, didnt mean to hijack your post.

I don't see the problem, all you moron truck drivers should be right at home. I'm curious when you get your Kmart CDL to they tell you that all of our grading stakes are targets or what?:nono :laugh

tylermckee

Dozerboy said:
I don't see the problem, all you moron truck drivers should be right at home. I'm curious when you get your Kmart CDL to they tell you that all of our grading stakes are targets or what?:nono :laugh
:laugh :laugh If there is something you dont want a driver to hit, chances are he is gonna hit it. Ive had 8" sewer cleanouts sticking 12 feet out of the ground spraypainted orange with sandbags and cones around them and i watched a driver NOSE right over the damn thing.

CascadeScaper

Occupation
2nd year Operating Engineer Apprentice
tylermckee said:
:laugh :laugh If there is something you dont want a driver to hit, chances are he is gonna hit it. Ive had 8" sewer cleanouts sticking 12 feet out of the ground spraypainted orange with sandbags and cones around them and i watched a driver NOSE right over the damn thing.

Amen to that! Had a driver wipe out 2 fenceposts last week, I painted them orange (metal temporary posts) and he still mowed them over. Then the next driver that showed up on the job drove the truck into a long driveway nose first, did a 50 point turn to get turned around, then backed in on the dump spot only to forget to put the truck back in a forward gear so when he jammed the accelerator to jiggle the body he slammed right back into the pile. :Banghead

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Dozerboy said:

ROFLMAO...Now this thread is happening:bouncegri

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
they tell you that all of our grading stakes are targets or what?

My Dad was, among other things, a registered surveyor. He used to get a magazine for surveyors, and they had a joke in there one time:

Q. What should a surveyor do if he's hopelessly lost in the wilderness?

A. Set a stake, mark it real well, and when the dozer operator shows up to run it over, ask him for a ride home.

:bouncegri

crash935

Occupation
when you get your Kmart CDL

I didnt know you could get your CDL at Kmart, stupid me went and spent the extra $10.00 and got mine at Sears :Banghead

I think the kid and i might take a walk over to the new subdevelopment they are building and move a few stakes around :naughty

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeff D.

Squizzy246B said:
Typical Truck driver always complainin!:rolleyes: :laugh
Dozerboy said:
......all you moron truck drivers should be right at home. I'm curious when you get your Kmart CDL to they tell you that all of our grading stakes are targets or what?:nono:laugh
tylermckee said:
:laugh :laugh If there is something you dont want a driver to hit, chances are he is gonna hit it.
CascadeScaper said:
Amen to that! Had a driver wipe.........right back into the pile.:Banghead
Squizzy246B said:
ROFLMAO...Now this thread is happening:bouncegri

Yeah, I hate them stupid idiot truck drivers too!!:thumbsup

Hey, you know what we should do? Us guys should stick together and instead of letting them pea brains with their K-mart CDL's haul the equipment to the next job site, lets drive the equipment there ourselves down the shoulder of the road.

Even if it's fifty miles. That'll really show em' how dumb they are!!:yup

tylermckee

Jeff D. said:
Yeah, I hate them stupid idiot truck drivers too!!:thumbsup

Hey, you know what we should do? Us guys should stick together and instead of letting them pea brains with their K-mart CDL's haul the equipment to the next job site, lets drive the equipment there ourselves down the shoulder of the road.

Even if it's fifty miles. That'll really show em' how dumb they are!!:yup

:nono you are one of those moron truck drivers :laugh

Jeff D.

crash935 said:
I think the kid and i might take a walk over to the new subdevelopment they are building and move a few stakes around :naughty

Crash935, they think that drivers run over that stuff accidentally.:bouncegri

We (us truck drivers) sit around and laugh about how mad they get when we do that stuff too.:yup

They're doing a remodeling at a store I deliver too, and I can usually run over two or three stakes each day. The hardest part is trying to keep a straight face when they come running up, waving their hands in the air, all bent out of shape.

I practice alot in the mirror my "suprised" and "concerned" faces, but it's so gosh darn hard too not start laughing when they start that spitting and sputtering thing they do.:laugh

Jeff D.

digger242j said:
No, Tyler. Jeff is not one of them--He is their King. :yup

Yeah, that's right!!:yup I'm the "King Crap" in turd town.:bouncegri

I get a this bad feeling this thread could go from "funnin' around" to just being "plain old mean" fast, so I hope people realize it's all just kidding.

xkvator

digger242j said:
No, Tyler. Jeff is not one of them--He is their King. :yup
you mean Jeff's the one they made the song about..."King of the Road":notworthy

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I get a this bad feeling this thread could go from "funnin' around" to just being "plain old mean" fast, so I hope people realize it's all just kidding.

No, this is all deadly serious. Didn't you get the email that said this was the first thread to be published in "Construction Equipment"? :confused:

:wink2