• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big load and haul operation :)

Dualie

I know the Forman for a local paving contractor pretty well and haul equipment for him on my lowbed every now and again.

we were shooting the "stuff" one day and talking about the dump drivers that at least on one a day would take out a grade steak, get hung up on a wind row, knock a K rail down, or tear up a silt fence.

I told him that being on both sides of the fence of the grade steak debate I never snapped a grade stake that I didn't put back. I always got back outta the truck and hammered them back into the ground with a post it near the base.

every time I haul into his jobs now I call him up on the cell and let him know a "driver" is coming in and to hide all the grade steaks. I try and serpentine the grade steaks on my way in. I try and see if I can park the trailer with one tire pushing out on a the grade stake just a bit.

All his guys get a kick outta this.