• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Big load and haul operation :)

Jeff D.

digger242j said:
No, this is all deadly serious. Didn't you get the email that said this was the first thread to be published in "Construction Equipment"? :confused:

:eek: Really?? Oh man!!

That doesn't make no sense though?? I got an e-mail, but it said that the first publication in the magazine from this forum was a Biography titled "Squizzy-T, Limestones and Rhinestones" containing all of his serious business posts like he used to do that one time.:bouncegri

Jeff D.

tylermckee said:
A truck driver ran over my mother, and stole my lunch, those guys are jerks

That was "Bill" the truck driver. I was really disappointed in him over that whole fiasco too. I thought his taking the lunch was alittle over the top, considering to the way the whole "Mom" thing went down.:confused:

There's always one in every bunch though.

Believe me Tyler, if we could bring your lunch back, we would!!:yup

crash935

Occupation
Co-Owner of Lakeland Transportation
I cant belive tylers crying because a truck driver stole his lunch, it was just a lousy PB&J sandwich with a bag of chips. Bill gave me tylers lunch after he stole it, said he wasnt hungry, but tyler, tell your mom another sandwich and maybe a few cookies would be nice next time, Oh wait, thats right, bill done ran here over with his big truck...

Just remember, that if you eat it, live in it, drive it or just sit there and stare at it, I probably had it on my truck at one time.

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
My truck was on the scale at the supply yard one day. While I was inside paying, I left the door open. When I got back in, I found the owner's dog had stolen my lunch. Later that year, one of his own trucks ran over the dog.

(I have no idea what the point of that story was, but each and every part of it seems to be on topic...) :confused:

tylermckee

My truck driver has been hauling me pit run the last few days, truck and pup, we are good to 84,000#. somehow he managed to get one load that he weighed 94,000#, he hauled it anyways good thing he didnt get caught. I dont get what he did, he said he had consistently been loading 82-83,000.

How do you accidentally go 10,000# over when you already know how many scoops you need?

i heard someone say scale :beatsme

Jeff D.

digger242j said:
...........Later that year, one of his own trucks ran over the dog.

I have no idea what the point of that story was........
Well it appears to me the point (whether unconciously or not) is too point out another "story" where the truck driver is the "bad guy"!!:mad:
I'm suprised you didn't have the truck driver stealing the lunch too!!:thumbsupOr maybe the truck driver could've eaten the dog!!

Don't you guys have any stories where a truck driver does something good??
Is that too much too ask?!:bouncegri

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
I think you have a persecution complex. :nono I was never compensated for the loss of my lunch. :mad: Maybe I was portraying the truck driver as my avenging hero. :notworthy

(Or, maybe not...) :p

Don't you guys have any stories where a truck driver does something good??

The day my wife hit the deer with her car, an 18 wheeler driver that was behind her stopped to make sure she was ok. Happy now? :)

(Then while she wasn't looking, he stole her lunch...) :eek:

:bouncegri

Jeff D.

Here, I know it's not your run of the mill lunch stealing, mom squishing, dog flattening, stake ripper outer, overweight truck driver story that seems so popular:bouncegri

Trucker helps stabilize diabetic grandmother with O.J.
It was a small act, but it made a big difference.

Davis Transport driver Andrew Lee of Silver Springs, Nev., had pulled into a truckstop near Marysville, Wash., to buy lunchand was returning to his rig when he noticed a woman sitting in her SUV with the window down.

The woman, Dr. Ginny Tresvant, explained that she was a diabetic and had pulled into the truckstop because she was feeling dizzy. Upon checking her blood sugar, she discovered it was extremely low, but she did not have enough energy to get herself and her 17-month-old twin grandsons, who were asleep in the back of the vehicle, into the store to purchase what she needed.

Fearing she would lose consciousness, Tresvant asked if Lee could help, and he ran into the store to buy orange juice.

“I knew a diabetic needed orange juice,†Lee says. “It doesn’t take very long to bring the blood sugar level to normal.â€

While she drank the juice, Lee also bought her candy bars to further stabilize her blood sugar, and he remained with her until it reached a safe level.

Tresvant wrote a letter to Davis Transport to commend Lee for his “quick thinking and fast actions†in what she called “a crisis situation.â€

“It’s just in my nature to help,†Lee says. “I like the feeling I get in helping people.â€

The Truckload Carriers Association recognized Lee as a Highway Angel for assisting the diabetic grandmother. Lee received a Highway Angel lapel pin, certificate and patch for his efforts, and Davis Transport received a certificate.
--Brittani Tingle
Somewhere there's a Nana that thinks we're OK!!:thumbsup

Jeff D.

digger242j said:
The day my wife hit the deer with her car, an 18 wheeler driver that was behind her stopped to make sure she was ok. Happy now? :)

Truth be told, he was more likely trying to "pick up" your wife.:yup:laugh

littledenny

Occupation
Owner, 2Vets, LLC
Gentlemen: Point of Order.

Would it be proper to add a comment here to initiate a discussion about the cute things scraper operators say to push dozer operators, and vice versa, or should it reside in a new thread?

At the tender age I first tried to survive in this dance, I just thought it was played the same as "Tag".

Jeff D.

littledenny said:
Would it be proper to add a comment here to initiate a discussion about the cute things scraper operators say to push dozer operators, and vice versa, or should it reside in a new thread?

Would it be proper?!:eek:

Does the Pope crap in the woods?!:rolleyes:

I'm not sure, but do it anyway.:thumbsup

Jeff D.

Anything to take the heat off us truckers.:yup

I figured we were going to be blamed for global warming here pretty soon!!:rolleyes:

Jeff D.

Jeff D. said:
Truth be told, he was more likely trying to "pick up" your wife.:yup:laugh

Er...umm, after rereading this I see it may have sounded differently than I meant when I typed it.:confused:

I meant "pick up" as in when one trys to get a legitimate date with a single woman, and not implying anything else. It was a poor choice of words.

My respectful apoligies for that Mr. & Mrs. Digger.:yup

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Jeff D. said:
Er...umm, after rereading this I see it may have sounded differently than I meant when I typed it.:confused:

I meant "pick up" as in when one trys to get a legitimate date with a single woman, and not implying anything else. It was a poor choice of words.

My respectful apoligies for that Mr. & Mrs. Digger.:yup

That's ok, Jeff. No offense taken. Besides, I know nuthin stirs passion in the heart of a truck drivin man like the sight of fresh road kill... :yup

:bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri

littledenny said:

Please do! Anything to sidetrack this thread from where it's headed would help. (This is honestly the first one I've ever worried that might need to be locked before it's all said and done...)

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
digger242j said:
That's ok, Jeff. No offense taken. Besides, I know nuthin stirs passion in the heart of a truck drivin man like the sight of fresh road kill... :yup

Wednesday is garbage day and down the bottom of my street is a new development of units...like condos or whatever you guys call them..anyways, early wednesday morning there is like 60 wheelie bins lined up out on the verge. Now when I come down the street at 5.30 am in the 9 tonner I have this almost overwhelming urge to test the Domino effect:eek: :) . I'm a pretty placid truck driver...except for cyclists who don't obey the road rules...they are definetley on the bull bar menu.

Please do! Anything to sidetrack this thread from where it's headed would help. (This is honestly the first one I've ever worried that might need to be locked before it's all said and done...)

Side track???...just what track is it on anyway???:D :D :drinkup

Jeff D.

Squizzy246B said:
I'm a pretty placid truck driver...
I think "flacid" is the word you meant!!:rolleyes:

Squizzy246B said:
Side track???...just what track is it on anyway???:D :D :drinkup
It must be the that "angle geared for downhill" track you'de mentioned before.:thumbsup

I keep hearing an over-winding airplane engine, like in the WWII documentaries when a plane is crashing, every time I view this thread.:yup

Squizzy246B

Administrator
Occupation
Digger Driver
Jeff D. said:
I think "flacid" is the word you meant!!:rolleyes:

It must be the that "angle geared for downhill" track you'de mentioned before.:thumbsup

I keep hearing an over-winding airplane engine, like in the WWII documentaries when a plane is crashing, every time I view this thread.:yup

Thats "Angel Gear" ..I imagine that in Your truck most of the gears have a few extra "angles" cut on the cogs:bouncegri

I'm moved to burst into verse...Australian nonetheless (as edited)

Well its a lonesome away, from your kindred and all, by the truck stop at night where the wild cyotes call.
But there is nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear, than to stand in the Bar of Jeff's Pub with no Beer

Now Jeff is all anxious for the beer truck to come
and there's a faraway look on the face of the bum
The maids gone all cranky, and the cooks acting queer
What a terrible place is Jeff's Pub with no Beer.

The stockman rides up with his dry, dusty throat
He breasts up to the bar, pulls a wad from his coat
But the smile on his face quickly turns to a sneer
When Jeff just says sadly: "The Pub's got no Beer!"

There's a dog on the verandah, for his master he waits
But Jeff is inside drinking wine with his mates
He hurries for cover and he cringes in fear
It's no place for a dog round Jeff's Pub with no Beer

Then in comes the hobbo, all covered with flies
He throws down his roll, wipes the sweat from his eyes
But when he is told he says, "What's this I hear?
I've trudged fifty flamin' miles to Jeff's Pub with no Beer!"

Now Digger the operator, the first time in his life
Has gone home cold sober to his dear darling wife
He walks in the kitchen; she says: "You're early, my dear"
Then he breaks down and he tells her "Jeff's Pub's got no Beer"

Well its a lonesome away, from your kindred and all, by the truck stop at night where the wild cyotes call.
But there is nothing so lonesome, morbid or drear, than to stand in the Bar of Jeff's Pub with no Beer

Jeff D.

That's pretty good!!:thumbsup

You're not getting my title as "poet laureate" though. Not without a fight!!:nono

If I owned a bar, and still drank, that song would be pretty accurate too.
Cuz I'd a drank it all.:yup

Last edited: