• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

A25c won't accelerate

funwithfuel

Occupation
Mechanic
One other thing that has me concerned I looked at your picture again is the screw in your stop cable hitting the case of the pump or is it free to go travel further forward. It almost looks like it's hitting the main body

Dakotab19

So the shut off lever should be able to go forward far enough to hit the spacer on the return line?

Se.la

Occupation
Technician VOLVO, old heavy machinery
Make sure that the shut off is properly applied when the engine is running

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
Just unhook the cable & SEE if it goes forward & hits the ovflo vlv..
They mighta lost the woodruff key & clamped the lever down to the shaft.??
I'v seen THAT about a bazillion x..
That key is T I N Y...

Dakotab19

Just unhook the cable & SEE if it goes forward & hits the ovflo vlv..
They mighta lost the woodruff key & clamped the lever down to the shaft.??
I'v seen THAT about a bazillion x..
That key is T I N Y...
The shut off lever goes all the way forward and stops itself before the cable does.

tctractors

The A25C takes a 13/16 AF socket to turn the engine via the front of the crank its not Metric as a point of interest, the Load Monitor control would be worth checking to see if its indexed correctly, the fact the engine revs up freely out of gear ( I take it) would indicate that fuel etc would be O.K. the exhaust brake and turbo would then be of interest to check, the turbo simple check is on the small connecting hose to the after cooler, rev the motor up and the hose will expand and be solid, the gearbox is fitted with a retarder (left treadle) that can play up some, even with packed dirt under the treadle, the same can happen to the throttle control making the low idle speed to high resulting in no gear select, the shut off cable is connected to the hydraulic oil feed control lever.

Se.la

Occupation
Technician VOLVO, old heavy machinery
Do you check the hydraulic pressure, be sure that the stand-by pressure is ok.
Stand-by connected (35-55 bar) 507-598psi
stand-by diconnected (24 bar) 348psi
Max pressure (210bar) 3045psi

Dakotab19

Its usually 14-17psi minimum at full load rpm..
DID U UNHOOK the shut off cable.??
Yep and the s/o lever goes all the way forward. When you say full load rpm does that mean no load (neutral/ not driving) full throttle, or is that when your really working it hard?

Last edited:

Dakotab19

Ok so some news on the fuel and boost situation.
Boost: I drilled and tapped the crossover pipe (off the truck) to pipe thread so i could use a small gauge. When I checked boost at full throttle I got about 6 lbs. Unfortunately I don't know how accurate this small gauge is other than it compared pretty close to another gauge when I tested it with an air hose.
Fuel: for fuel I get a round 30 lbs at idle but it jumps around, and at full throttle I get about 50 lbs. Checked from bleed screw on top of filter housing. One thing I did notice about the fuel system though is I'm getting some air bubbles in the fuel strainer cup on the side of the pump, is this a normal occurrence?