• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310a slow hydraulics help

ala.millwright

Thanks for the info! When you say B model is it 310b? Does it show where the oil cooler relief valve is? I'm only seeing where the transmission filter and main pump filter relief valves are. When I had the tech manual I read about the relief valve for oil cooler but I don't remember where it is.

bolt thrower

Occupation
Tractor Fixer
The way I check these things out is to start it up when everything is cool, and let it sit and idle. while it is idling, use your hand to feel the hydraulic lines,starting at the pump. follow the lines to the control valves, and the steering unit. If you have an internal leak in a valve, that valve will get hot first. The trick is do this when everything is cool. If you do it after youv'e run it a while you won't be able to isolate the problem. I have seen a few of these with bad steering valves, that act like yours.

cstam1

I have 310-A also with the same exact problems you have, don't leave me hanging, did you ever find out what the problem was? thanks

sbarrett

Occupation
engine builder ,machinist
i too would like to know the final diagnosis because i have the same issues with my 310a thanks

Delmer

Please feel free to start a new thread describing your symptoms and what you've done/checked/tried already.

This old thread has a lot of information in it, but now the earth has cooled some, John Deere bought Van Brunt and Waterloo Boy, and Willie invented the wheel...

This system isn't really as bad as it sounds, Deere designed these pumps for farmers at a time when they were still building two cylinder tractors.

cstam1

i too would like to know the final diagnosis because i have the same issues with my 310a thanks

Finally!! i found out what my problem was. The de-stroke valve on the main pump was the culprit. Mine would have very slow hydraulics and sometimes not at all, and you could NEVER use two functions at the same time. Just by chance i pulled the de-stroke valve out and gave it a good look. The way it works is when you crank the engine the solenoid pulls the valve back, thus bypassing hydraulic pressure to crank the engine. Well when i took mine out, inspected it and blew through the end it was not sealing back off with the plunger. After taking it apart and inspecting it i found the end of the plunger had missing pieces of steel where it was supposed to seat into end of valve, and mine was stuck partially open as i said before. After cleaning out rust and trash from valve i put it back in, no hydraulics would work then. took valve back out and it had hung wide open this time, thus explaining why i would have no hydraulic pressure at times, after beating my head against the wall for a month now, i bit the bullet and went to john deere and bought a new solenoid $261.00! ouch, but as soon as i put it in and started engine, i had instant hydraulic pressure, with multiple movements possible, works the fastest it has in years, hope this helps, good luck