• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310A backhoe Oil Filter O Rings Too big??

comet424

ok thats not a problem i just asking thats if i can even get an allen key or what not in there ill have to try a mirror tommorow and try..

so just turning it like a quarter turn should bring it up to pressure right

and what worm gear? or what relief valve would that be on the pump

or the pressure control valve i replaced... and new o rings on the relief valve where the oil filters are on?

also do you know what the 2 sizes of Snap rings?
as i need 2 of these
U10457 ea. $17.36
U16068 ea. $16.91

i was trying to find the sizes but JD wont tell ya and those are the prices from JD as im sure they cant be that expensive

but wanted to know if you guys knew the size?

chroniekon

Part No U10457
Part Name Snap Ring
Deere Source 827Y
Branch Source T
Dlr Pkg Qty 1
Critical Code 52
Year Out C
Monthly Ret Ind R
Shipping Weight (lb) 0.06
Largest Dimension (in) 4.0
Middle Dimension (in) 4.0
Smallest Dimension (in) 0.1
Shipping Weight (kg) 0.0272
Largest Dimension (cm) 10.2
Middle Dimension (cm) 10.2
Smallest Dimension (cm) 0.3

Part No U16068
Part Name Snap Ring
Deere Source 827Y
Branch Source T
Dlr Pkg Qty 2
Critical Code 20
Year Out C
Monthly Ret Ind R
Shipping Weight (lb) 0.0099
Largest Dimension (in) 4.5
Middle Dimension (in) 3.5
Smallest Dimension (in) 0.12
Shipping Weight (kg) 0.0045
Largest Dimension (cm) 11.4
Middle Dimension (cm) 8.9
Smallest Dimension (cm) 0.3

comet424

ya i seen those... are all those sizes just the packaging it being sent it

it doesnt say that the outside diameter is say 1" or the inside diameter is 5/8" as an example as i trying to find equavalent

comet424

havent gotten a chance to adjust screw or find what kind it is

but another issue i guessing the front shaft seal is leaking... how hard is that to replace can it just come out or you gotta dismantel whole thing

in that event it just worth getting replacement pump?

comet424

ok I got the pressure up to like 2400 psi or 168kg/cm3
as it idles its lower

in this video you can hear a vibration or funny pump sound I not sure if you can hear it right... but if you touch the loader controls slightly the nose goes away but let go she sounds funny..... is that normal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=130XNvEO0Co

and you can see the front seal leaking the oil underneath

but I reve up to 1500 I guess it around 168 170.... but I also read somewhere to run backhoe at 2500 rpm I haven never ran it that hight ... they call it work load rpm 2500

here you can see when I reve engine up goes to the proper stand by pressure.. and I don't know how much I turned though as its in an acquired spot was hard to get allen key in there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScanYJCqxg

also the outriggers don't lift the backhoe up fully either with the new higher pressure... the Right side is much faster then the left side when you push them down at the same time... and I cant lift them all the way up gotta still use the hoe to lift up and then push out riggers down... here in video it just shows how high I couldget it without the hoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJN5A2v4354

as for pump seal leaking can I replace that seal or the seal behind it without pullin everything apart?

flyingpassage

Occupation
retired UPS feeder driver
Hi I have a 310a and have had it 15+ years now and have always had that same noise. Use a function the noise go's away??? I always thought it was the front pump,I had replaced the round rubber at the coupler which was worn out but the noise was still there. The other day I put a screw driver to the side of the pump when it was running and the pump sound quite normal,but as I went back on that 3/4 high pressure steel line the noise was the loudest at the Y were it go to the accumulator. I don't know much about them I know mine has little nitrogen pressure left in it for when you shut down your engine you should be able to turn your steering wheel ,not sure how much you can get out of it when your off but I can get maybe 1/4 turn one way with the wheel. That accumulator is charged with 500 psi nitrogen gas as I'am told and is there for emerg. steering in a stall situation and to cushion the hydo. system??? So I will remove it and have it charged JD told me 50 or 60 bucks. Of course make sure you don't have any steel lines hitting things like the tractor frame or anything solid. Jeff

comet424

hi what does the accumulator do? and what does it look like and how do I test that... when I shut the engine off it makes a funny sound too... ill video tape it tomorrow... like it makes funny sound at idle and the whole backhoe vibrates yet when you kick it up a bit on the rpms then it stops vibrating

I need to change the seal on the pump so I not sure if its the inner seal ... so I posting a new thread on asking how to rebuild the pump as well