• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

310A backhoe Oil Filter O Rings Too big??

comet424

so I got them installed
so far no leaks I wiggled them as I tightened the nut down

added 2 pails of tdh and gonna add just water to the rad system as I probably have to pour it back out as im sure the pump in the tranny is bad reason I have no hydraulics

or it was a damaged orifice that sits in the pressure control valve that I replaced now was nothing in there

as then ill have another topic question lol

flyingpassage

Occupation
retired UPS feeder driver
Hi that feed pump in the transmission is a gear pump which i have been told is the last to fail, I would look somewhere else before I split the hoe in half.Anything work at all?? Jeff

lantraxco

Would anyone know if the accumulator on 310a is not working would that give you vibration in that high pressure line?? I have had this machine for long time and it has always made this noise when nothing is being operated,loader, hoe. I had assumed that it was the pump but when you put your ear to it with a screw driver it is quiet. I did check to make sure there were no steel lines touching anything. When I shut the engine down I can turn the steering wheel maybe half or one full turn. Don't know if I should rebuild it or not thanks Jeff

Probably just needs a recharge with gas if it works at all. When they go bad they don't work at all, but they do lose charge over time. I think it's mainly for the brakes.

comet424

ah ok

its because 2 yrs ago I was using the hoe and then boom all the hydraulics stopped working... yet I could drive it out of my field...

then was told it could be the tranny pump that charges the main pump pressure pump or its the main pressure pump

but I started to tear it apart to take the tranny apart but I read about the pressure reliefe valve.. and you guys helped me pull that apart and I replaced the valve as the insert in the valve was missing maybe that was the only thing... I do know couple years ago the hyrdraulics are weak as sometimes it cant lift itself unless you do one side at a time for the outriggers etc...

but I going to test it tomorrow and how would you recharge the transmission pump you mentioned just needs a recharge?

and do you guys know what the pressures should be on the main pump there is 2 pressure gauge inlets I been told a charge pressure and the pumps pressure you guys wouldn't know the pressures?

comet424

comet424,

No, I was responding to Flyingpssage's question about the accumulator.

oh ok what is the accumulator?

so I have good news bad news and things I not even sure lol

so I got the pressure control valve insert and all that assembled... I got the 2 oil filters installed... plumbed in any hoses and got it to fire up.... works after 2 yrs sitting....

I got the hoe and out riggers to work she works not bad lifted the backhoe in the air and such not the best.... then had a oil line blow off on the bottom of the oil cooler due to forgot a clamp in there lol

so I got more oil and today I put the gauge on

the Inlet I got 50 psi idlying and when I reved engine to 1500 (15) it was at like 120 psi but if you let the backhoe run at 1500 for 10-15 min the PSIs actually dropped below 100psi? and at idle was below 50 psi ... what does that mean

here is the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuG7xgemJD0&feature=youtu.be

here you can see the PSIs have dropped after 10-15 min of running at 1500rpms
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwJOu0DSCOg&feature=youtu.be

now the hydraulics wont work... at low or high... if I move the levers in the one direction side ways I do hear a buzzing or so but nothing and 0 psi
here is video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhqzhhu0QfE&feature=youtu.be

now I figured cuz I added more oil then the the dipstick it was the reason it wasn't working... as I over flowed it but figured it would go in the hoses
so I not sure

comet424

Oh forgot to add turning steeribg wheel was tough as you can see in video

And since pressure dropping let me guess the screen or filters is plugged. Not what I wanna hear

lantraxco

I would guess, and it's only a guess... that either your new pressure control valve is stuck open, or the pump stroke control is not working. Something happened when that oil line blew off and I'm guessing I would check the pressure control spool first.

Your inlet pressures are probably fine, wouldn't get worried about that at this point.

comet424

Hmm and it was return line from oil cooler on bottom where its awkward thats where blew off but when I fixed that hoe still worked

Just yesterday not working. So how can I test control valve at back pull out cap spring washers drain oil. And push my finger in thereto see if it moves?

As for stroke what you mean and can I fix that

So do I need to split backhoe to replace pump in tranny or is that ok

comet424

I was thinking maybe floating part in there since had no orifice in there before I replaced valve. So I not sure. Guess there is no way to flush all lines really

red68racer

john deere 310a hydraulic filters leaking / backhoe wont move

hello
i am having same problem as comet with hydraulic filters , its poor design ,they should have used spin on filter.
my hydraulics work now that had reverse control vavle rebuilt , but cant get back to move even jacked up back . i need to see how the linkages are connected to clutch , something not right . the backhoe moves a little when put in any gear but its like clutch is pushed in or revere vavle shaft is backwards not allowing pressure to go to reverer clutches .

red68racer

hello comet424
could you send picture on linkages from clutch pedal to the two armed linkage controler , something is backwards or hooked up wrong on my 310a , my clutch hardly moves when pedal is pressed.

comet424

as for my problem i was trying again i was just tapping the pressure control valve housing and the pump housing with a hammer but still no hydraulics

but the steering is harder to steer and if the valve was stuck wouldnt i automaticlly get full no problem steering? instead of havign to turn it harder to get it to turn

would that mean the pump is blown?? and or can i not adjust it to get the pressure up?

red68racer

john deere 310a hydraulics / clutch movement linkages

as for my problem i was trying again i was just tapping the pressure control valve housing and the pump housing with a hammer but still no hydraulics

but the steering is harder to steer and if the valve was stuck wouldnt i automaticlly get full no problem steering? instead of havign to turn it harder to get it to turn

would that mean the pump is blown?? and or can i not adjust it to get the pressure up?

hello
thanks for video of linkages! the linkage that moves clutch is barely moving ? my hydraulics would not work unitll i had the reverse control box rebuilt at local hydraulic shop. mine was spraying fluid out bad ,new gaskets and piston , also make sure you dont have 12v going to pump after it starts ,will not build pressure.

lantraxco

It looks like you have zero pressure at the pump, no pressure = no steering. As red68racer says, which I forgot about... make sure if you have a solenoid valve on your hydraulic pump, or a manual valve stem to screw in, that there is no power to the solenoid or the valve is fully open.

The regulator valve will dump oil back to the transmission case if there is too much pressure, which is actually never supposed to happen with the pump design, but it's that way just in case. If for some reason the valve moved too far and stuck open then you won't get pressure. The other possibility is the pump is not pumping any oil, if that's the case there may be an issue with the stroke control valve which is bolted onto the pump head. I am fairly sure this is not an adjustment issue, it's a serious malfunction somewhere. Also pretty sure it's not the transmission pump as you still have pressure on the inlet side of the pump yeah?

red68racer

john deere 310a

It looks like you have zero pressure at the pump, no pressure = no steering. As red68racer says, which I forgot about... make sure if you have a solenoid valve on your hydraulic pump, or a manual valve stem to screw in, that there is no power to the solenoid or the valve is fully open.

The regulator valve will dump oil back to the transmission case if there is too much pressure, which is actually never supposed to happen with the pump design, but it's that way just in case. If for some reason the valve moved too far and stuck open then you won't get pressure. The other possibility is the pump is not pumping any oil, if that's the case there may be an issue with the stroke control valve which is bolted onto the pump head. I am fairly sure this is not an adjustment issue, it's a serious malfunction somewhere. Also pretty sure it's not the transmission pump as you still have pressure on the inlet side of the pump yeah?

hello
when my hydraulics would not work , went to lowes bought some 1 inch vinyl tubing , few 90 fittings , clamps , hooked to nipple where screen filter is and ran around to where the filter connects so i could see ? also put peices where return lines off pump ,so when i started it up could see fluid moving

comet424

sorry for delay been helping a friend move

yes my pump has a solinode on the side... so you want my to un hook it??
and i was playing with the screw on the top turning in and out it did nothing
i did notice yesterday there was a little pressure it moved up a little from 0

as for the pressure control valve ya i not sure if there is alot of pressure? but wouldnt the spring push it back so it cant jam ?

and what does the solinode on the side of the pump do.. someone told me but i forgot

and how would i unstick the the valve in the pressure contol valve as i figured maybe the missing orifice in the valve in the previous valve might be floating in there and jammed ... so i not 100% sure what to do??

and ya i still get the 100psi now from other day not sure what i get now on the low side

comet424

ok i figured the problem
but here was the video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rO-ftptmGaY&feature=youtu.be

it was the power connector

as you see in the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-qReUXtKlA&feature=youtu.be

i cant remember since it has been sitting 2 years... do both the pump and charging wire go off that one brown connector
as i dont know the other connector... do you guys have a wire schematic... as i got the pump working now once i plug the wire in the other connector

and since i adjusted the top wire what is the pressure supposed to be?? once i get the gauge back on etc?