• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

1960 B75 Mack

Truck Shop

It's just a pile of painted parts and pieces right now. So you will have to return to imagining the possibilities of what it looks like. When I start on the frame
and install some running gear then their will be pics.

Truck Shop

Truck Shop

Hit pretty close to a sort of midway point today. Finished stripping out the remainder of the Freightliner I bought for a parts rig, that old girl is history.
I just need to clean and re-bush, paint the front springs, rear hangers plus front frame horns. I have finished the front axle with pins and tie rod ends
plus painted. The hubs are new style Conmet aluminum which I'm converting to stud pilot, we had several of them laying around from tag axles.
It won't be long before I order frame rail, but I need to build some crossmembers first. Once I have rail assembling will start.

Truck Shop

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
Hit pretty close to a sort of midway point today. Finished stripping out the remainder of the Freightliner I bought for a parts rig, that old girl is history.
I just need to clean and re-bush, paint the front springs, rear hangers plus front frame horns. I have finished the front axle with pins and tie rod ends
plus painted. The hubs are new style Conmet aluminum which I'm converting to stud pilot, we had several of them laying around from tag axles.
It won't be long before I order frame rail, but I need to build some crossmembers first. Once I have rail assembling will start.

Truck Shop

Maybe I need to schedule some time off when the frame rails show up...... :)

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
USED to have a full set, 5/8, 1/2, 3/4 but as of my final days working as a mechanic full time(23 years back) I sold them to another that did just as I. Can buy more just have not found a need for my personal uses. Did replace my failed Simpson meter, found on fleabay for $89.

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
USED to have a full set, 5/8, 1/2, 3/4 but as of my final days working as a mechanic full time(23 years back) I sold them to another that did just as I. Can buy more just have not found a need for my personal uses. Did replace my failed Simpson meter, found on fleabay for $89.
I just got a new set from 1/2 to 3/4", these have left hand spiral flutes so they aren't so "grabby". I really like them, got them through my Barnes/Class 3 supplier guy... I didn't even ask what the price was after I used them.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I never asked price as too much ease to use and necessity for speed in many cases, just charged a little more to a few jobs to cover the expense. Tight Spirals start easier than the old almost straight fluted ones. My old set were very slow twist and you had best have a good grip or watch the drill trill to eat itself. Quick spirals feed really well on their own as well.

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
Oh NO Cheating now, have to use the multi-reduction heavy gear drive will wind up for a week drill motors for these!!! We had one in my first shop that instead of a short pipe handle had a four foot pipe sticking out with a girdle to keep from exploding the motor case, kept a few smaller guys from playing loop t lou on the drill!!

Truck Shop

I use car reamers, pretty much all I have used for years. But some holes I will use a mag drill on, several 1" on the front frame horns plus my arthritis would like a brake.

Truck Shop

s-l1000.jpg

RZucker

Occupation
Mechanic/welder
Hey TS...need some closer to period correct emergency warning devices? I have three pristine sets.

View attachment 188357
I have a set of these too... somewhere. Also had a set of Dietz kerosene lamps from a '38 Ford truck, big wing bolt on the top of the stack of three pots kept them together. sold that bunch for $100 ten years back.

Junkyard

Occupation
Field Mechanic
That or I’ll get it from somebody else and they’ll just show up......I reckon I know two places to get it. As famous as you are I could probably address the box “Truck Shop”
“Washington”
And it would make it there lol