• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL26 questions

Peter Craymer

Newbie on the forum. Does anyone out there still have the TL26 service manuals available? I have one that I am replacing the alternator, lift arm seals and troubleshooting the fuel cutoff solenoid and the operator manual isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The electrical diagram is great except that there is no identification to the location or name of the device on the unit physically! SV doesn't tell me much! Spent a lot of time tracing wires! Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks,
Peter
pcraymer@yahoo.com

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Newbie on the forum. Does anyone out there still have the TL26 service manuals available? I have one that I am replacing the alternator, lift arm seals and troubleshooting the fuel cutoff solenoid and the operator manual isn't worth the paper it's printed on. The electrical diagram is great except that there is no identification to the location or name of the device on the unit physically! SV doesn't tell me much! Spent a lot of time tracing wires! Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks,
Peter
pcraymer@yahoo.com
Manuals were emailed to you .

vitobill

Hey, does anybody have the OPERATORS MANUAL for a TL-26-2? I'm specifically looking for the meaning of the warning lights. Thanks in advance!

vitobill

Hi there,
I need a new radiator for my TL26...does anybody have any recommendations? I am having trouble finding one with the part numbers in the parts manual.

heymccall

Hi there,
I need a new radiator for my TL26...does anybody have any recommendations? I am having trouble finding one with the part numbers in the parts manual.

I came up with this out of the manual...1910103002. It appears to be a typo, since it won't go into any of my online sources. You're gonna have to contact takeuchi or a dealer for the correct part number.

vitobill

I contacted my local dealer and he couldn't figure it out either. He had to contact Takeuchi directly. There is NO new part number and Takeuchi doesn't supply the radiator anymore. I guess I'll have to repair what I got, IF it can be repaired! We shall see... Thanks for your help and I'll let you know what happens.

LSC

I'm working on a Takeuchi TL26 2 that has had alot of other fingers in it. Disconnected and uncapped hydraulic lines, cut and half assed spliced wires, and enough greasy dirt and debris to fill a 30 gallon barrel. Replacing the starter and trying to get it to run again. Looking for a service manual to see where the hydraulic lines are supposed to go and what the wires that were hacked were supposed to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
I'm working on a Takeuchi TL26 2 that has had alot of other fingers in it. Disconnected and uncapped hydraulic lines, cut and half assed spliced wires, and enough greasy dirt and debris to fill a 30 gallon barrel. Replacing the starter and trying to get it to run again. Looking for a service manual to see where the hydraulic lines are supposed to go and what the wires that were hacked were supposed to do. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
What is your email ?

LSC

Changed all of the filters and got the engine running. Removed 250 pounds of oily sand and dirt from inside of the chassis. Trying to get the fuel shut off solenoid adjusted. I am not sure if this is a factory setup or not. Part of the bracket looks factory but the arms that hold the solenoid either broke off and were "repaired" or the someone added the solenoid after the fact. Machine model number is TL26 2 and the serial number is 2620730. I am also looking for a replacement engine fan.

The disconnected hoses belong to a hydraulic assembly that is mounted on the floor of the chassis. I believe it is a "flash" assembly that is supposed to connect to two smaller ports on the drive motors. Two hoses appear to have connected to the RH drive motor and the other side of the block is teed to two hoses that head towards the LH drive motor and hydraulic tank. What is flash and does it need to be reinstalled?

Thanks

Incline

Hi all,
I have a TL26 and am in need of the service manual. Great machine, typically I am able to figure out any required repair but currently I am stymied in my attempt to diagnose troubleshoot the shutoff solenoid. I extend my gratitude in advance in the hope that someone may be able to email said manual. Stumobile1@gmail.com