• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Takeuchi TL26 questions

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Yellowstroker
The battery size is a group 31 series battery .Deka ,Interstate and other make them .You can get them at any auto parts store.

Last edited:

Yellowstroker

We jumped it to put it on the trailer and to take it off now I got a new battery and installed it and it won't start it does a clicking sound once and then nothing the battery light flashes though

Yellowstroker
The battery size is a group 31 series battery .Deka ,Interstate and other make them .You can get them at any auto parts store.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
Sounds like the stater soliode is not spinning the starter ,fuel rack in injection pump could be making the sound or a relay is not closing .Book show a lever lock switch .You could have a bad ground on the negative cable.Call me at 1-201-832-1606 my work cell .I will try to help you over the phone with it .
thanks
ED

Yellowstroker

msjones360

Can anyone tell me how much HYDRAULIC FLUID I need for the entire TL26 machine? And (excuse my ignorance) is there any particular type and/or brand I need? My mechanic said 25 gallons, but didn't specify much else.

msjones360

TL26 Fluid change ( capacity, capacities )

API class ce 10w-30. I use universal tractor fluid in mine. Calls for 50 liters in book.

Thanks for the prompt reply! 50 ltrs or 13.2 gallons is what Takeuchi said, too. I couldn't find enough 10w-30 so I am going to put Rotella 15w-40 in it instead.
Also, you can run this in the motor, as well. 6.5 liters.
FYI- Class C means to use oil for Diesels not Gas motors which are type S.

MJ

Yellowstroker

does anyone know what size the bolts are that secure the cab to the frame above the engine area. i know they are metric but i need to know the thread pitch and diameter of the bolt i really dont want to pay 50 bucks a peice at the dealer hopefully ace hardware will have it.

rospaw

Ordered bearings today from china. Needle bearings came in mail today. Ordered thrust washers from grainger and fastenal. Located floating seals and waiting on reply with price. Al

Hellcat, not sure if you still have any of the order/part numbers/any info on the parts for the planetary? I bought a tl26-2 with 3 of my planetary gears (2 of the rear larger one and one of the outer gears)chipped and bearings bad. Can't find the gears or bearing/seals ect so i'm forced to cut new gears and harden them ;( . Any numbers or contacts would be great. Rospaw

jmexcavator11

I have a tl 26 and all hyd.works great except for left side track it turns but when I chock it with a 2 x 4 it stops like a loss of pressure.But I can chock the right side and it will start busting the 2 x4 so the right side track is working.What could this be?Left side will back up fine though.Any suggestions?

jhale8503

New to this forum, been reading along & I am in need of the service manuals on a tl26, or some insight on adjusting the hydraulic pumps. I have bee working on equipment for several years & cannot for the life of me get these pumps to stay neutral. I have clicked on the above links for the service manuals with no luck, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

tool_king

Occupation
road mechanic owner
jhale8503
I will reload the links or email them to you .what is email address .

bobcan

Yellowstroker

i have a early model tl26 i want to get a grapple for it but i need to know if i can use one, i have a rockhound already and it works great but i notice when i borrowed my friends auger i only got use of the auxiliary function one way. it would dig but not reverse itself, i have a new cable from the foot pedal to the valve but not getting any dual control, anyone have any ideas?

chansey

Occupation
Retired Project Engineering Manager
Hi All,

I too stay away from the "stealerships". The TL26 is an offshore product so don't feel guilty about having to buy parts shipped in from those who have them.

I need a complete wire harness for a TL26 from the dash back--electrical short---lots of damage, Anyone have one or know where to get one?

Paul

Last edited: