• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Suggestions for a used grader?

jrm1504

Occupation
Apple farmer from central Wa
We get mouse nests and bird nests in our windmachines every summer. Just got to clean them out and get them all. Mice also like to go up the exhaust on them. Just got to be diligent and get them out.

Silveroddo

IMG_20131029_144954.jpg
What do you all think about this?? the owner calls it a gravel recovery scoop.

I ended up using one of these on a shouldering project last fall, the concept is pretty good for somthing like that, but for practical purposes I havent found an application there I'd ever see the need for one. This one in particular seemed to be a little to big and cluncky.

Allterra

Occupation
Owner/operator
View attachment 119075

I ended up using one of these on a shouldering project last fall, the concept is pretty good for somthing like that, but for practical purposes I havent found an application there I'd ever see the need for one. This one in particular seemed to be a little to big and cluncky.

Showed it to an old boy. . . . . . He just looked at me like I was in need of a brain transplant . . . .then said " you put it down when your plowing snow when you pass driveway so you dont wind row their drive or have to go back and clean it" so I guess thats what I was told??

Silveroddo

This one got sold to the agency for shouldering I believe, no one seemed to know anything about it and it was only the 2nd time it had been mounted on the machine. I figured it would make life easier when spreading gravel that didnt get layed out consistently. Seemed like a good idea on paper but I'm sure there are easier and faster ways as this thing probably was in the way more than it increased prductivity.