• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Squizzy's Jalopy

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Or is this one of those thinly veiled confession stories that start - "I have this friend and he..."

I have no idea where he went. He may still be right there in town. And no, it wasn't me. The worst part was that I'd said to him specifically to be careful about not being on an angle when dumping, just an hour earlier.

(And I didn't feel like getting into the details earlier when I posted that but the reason he was on such an angle was that he'd gotten the driver's side rear wheels into a hole that hadn't been compacted when it was filled, and that side was sunk almost to the axle. The frame was alredy getting pretty well twisted, and he thought he'd be able to pull out of the hole if he dumped the load. I guess I should be grateful that he didn't break an axle trying to horse the truck out of that spot, which it would easily enough have done--I know that because I did it, actually a couple of times.) :Banghead

DMiller

Occupation
Cheap "old" Geezer
I will give you the same instructions I was given in 1976, see a head on coming raise your legs, feet on dash!! CO Freightliners were horrible crush cans to be in a frontal accident with, absolutely first on scene of the accident when driving one and if did not lift your legs generally lost one or both.