• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Section for komatsu d20,21 and similar grey market dozers

sethc

transmision

so my d20p was working great then disaster... stuck in nuetral no way to find gears any one have this problem and what it take to fix?

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Have a komatsu D21 p-7 .Wont steer going one way, friend of mine tried to adjust linkage under floor boards. Called komatsu they said he shouldnt have touched linkage . Want to readjust steering brake and readjust linkage back to where it should be. Any thoughts would be appreciated Thanks

If it was done recently can you see any signs on on threads as to where they were? If not contact me and I can email the specs on the measurements.

Darin

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
so my d20p was working great then disaster... stuck in nuetral no way to find gears any one have this problem and what it take to fix?

What exactly happen? Was it all of a sudden or gradual? Are gears just grinding? Kinda up in the air right now so need more info.

Darin

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Rutro.... Nope didn't get one from you. :( What email address did you send it to?

Darin

sethc

What exactly happen? Was it all of a sudden or gradual? Are gears just grinding? Kinda up in the air right now so need more info.

Darin

all of the sudden no noise or grinding i was just going from forward to reverse .wont shift into any gear cant even get a grind. i am locked in nuetral the shift lever has side to side play but wont go forward or back to engage any gears..

Last edited:

thehaas

Welcome aboard rangerfreak:drinkup , I'm not a Komatsu expert:eek: but there are a few guys here that do qualify. So fire away and someone will probly answer all your questions.

i am interested in two machines d206ag has rubber tracks clutch 3 fw 2 rev tracks are new only thing got me worried is drive steering cluthes being dry and how reliable are they am i going to get some time out of unit has 1900 hr clutches just done ,how long do they normally last before screwing up.the second machine d21a6 steel tracks chain that goes around sprockets are worn on one side some bushing around pin,are the tracks and chain under expensive ,also are steering clutches wet or dre both are around same price 10000 what one would you choose .thanks

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
all of the sudden no noise or grinding i was just going from forward to reverse .wont shift into any gear cant even get a grind. i am locked in nuetral the shift lever has side to side play but wont go forward or back to engage any gears..

Sounds like you will need to open the top of the tranny up where the shifting lever is and see what in the world happen. Was there a time where things were forced trying to get into gear? Just wondering. Keep us posted.

sethc

Trany Top-

Can I get suggestions if this looks normal? -Thanks

Attachments

• DSCN0304.JPG
    DSCN0304.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 847

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Looks can be deceiving. Rust doesn't look good and you need to check how freely your slides are working. Will they all line up in the detents?

Iron@Dirt

Try putting a pry bar on right fork to line it up, not so hard as to bend or brake fork. If it does not move, interlock could be seized,bent fork, bent gear teeth from partial engagment, etc ( interlock, you should not be able to shift more than 1 fork at a time, usually balls and springs limit this).

sethc

tranny alignment

thanks guys i lined them up and put back in shift lever and success i can shift again:D ran it for 2 hours no problems .time to change tranny oil and see what that looks like.darin u have the gasket for shifter?:D d20p-7

Last edited:

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Glad it worked out for ya.. I don't hvae that gasket but call komatsu and they will get it for you I'm sure.. .OR put rtv gasket maker on it. :)

Darin

Dozerboy28

I have a D21P-6 and I am looking for the part number and availability of a few things. One is the clutch pedal return spring. It is mounted at the end of the clutch cable and is secured to the side of the transmission. This is the spring that gives your clutch pedal its springy feel. The other one is a rubber bushing/elastomeric that is located at the end of the left angle blade cylinder. Right where the tilt cylinder and the angle cylinder mount there is a rubber bushing on the top and bottom of each cylinder end to prevent metal to metal contact. It appears that all the cylinders have this where they attach to the blade. Any help is appreciatied

sethc

I have a D21P-6 and I am looking for the part number and availability of a few things. One is the clutch pedal return spring. It is mounted at the end of the clutch cable and is secured to the side of the transmission. This is the spring that gives your clutch pedal its springy feel. The other one is a rubber bushing/elastomeric that is located at the end of the left angle blade cylinder. Right where the tilt cylinder and the angle cylinder mount there is a rubber bushing on the top and bottom of each cylinder end to prevent metal to metal contact. It appears that all the cylinders have this where they attach to the blade. Any help is appreciatied
what your serial # i have a book for 75001 and up

Ron

Bolt size

I have a D20-6, sn 60358. Does anyone know what size the bolts are that hold the collar around the main blade ball? A guy at one place puts a 24mm nut on it and says "it's a 24 mm". A guy at another place pulls caliper type thing out of his pocket and says "it's a 22 mm". I'm wondering "what's 2 mm among friends".

Thanks
Ronnie