• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

S. Madill, Blacksmith, Founded in 1911 in Nanaimo BC

John Shipp

Occupation
forestry contracting
Are the wheels on those lowbeds set wide enough? Always looks like the trailer is hidden under the width of those larger machines. Slightly wider road width on bends would be too much to ask, I know. Are loads binded down "lightly" to save whole thing flipping over the bank? Great threads here people, check in here most days. Cheers

Mike1950

OK..that's just plain fricken interesting...Any info on it(details details).Did it survive the cutting torch ???
Any more pictures of it...
Someone tell me a story....

It did not survive the torch , I drove this truck in 1965 in Jackson Bay B.C. , the next driver bushed it m it was then parted out

cypresscreeklog

I purchased the truck of Russell and Lilly before that it was Muns lumber lake cowichan it has Rockwell diffs not sure it the same truck your thinking of it did not have the green strip on hood.

cypresscreeklog

Cypress creek Lowbed truck before/ after

Wade Mccadam rebuilt Yarder and truck for me. Truck has Cummings signature 600 in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 534
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 530
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 531

HDX

cypresscreeklog Welcome aboard I was wrong about your truck She looks identical to our ex H139 I will post pictures of her when I can find them You have done an exceptional job of rebuilding that truck I never clued into the Rockwells because I was just looking at to overall appearance of her at a glance and never gave the rear diffs a second thought. As you well know there are NOT more than a few of these P16 PreLoads around in the condition your's is in. She is ex Crown Z truck and the way you had her rebuilt is fantastic Does yours have the wrap around dash or the earlier style flat across dash?

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
I'm petty certain that was originally the #40-96 built August 1980 new at CZ Nanaimo Lakes was a natural GM V-12 71 , transferred to Fletcher Challange Renfrew Div Fall 1991 . Refurbished late 1992 put back on the road 1993 with Silver Twin Turbo GM V-12 71 at Timberwest HBO , repowered with Signature 600 Cummins late 1990's . Went to Munns Lumber 2004 or 2005 . if it has a NASCAR Craftman Truck Series decale in drivers side anti draft window , its the same truck .

HDX

cypresscreeklog:
This was the truck that I thought you had. This was ex-M&B H-139 with the 121 rears in it. What threw me off was I could not see the front bumper in the posting at the scene of the accident. I will keep looking through my stuff for more pictures of yours that I might have taken over the years.
IMG_1205.jpgIMG_1206.jpg

camptramp

Occupation
cypresscreeklog Here's a couple of pictures of your P16 Pacific , formally the #40-96 with a fresh coat of paint at Timberwest HBO , Gordon River shop , the last picture of it is at theScan600.jpgScan601.jpgScan602.jpgScan603.jpg Auction at Chemainus .

HDX

H139 (T1147) When this truck was rebuilt at the Hayes Forest shop in Duncan they removed the grill guard and replaced it with the earlier style one. When new these trucks came with the upright bars and the chrome plate with PACIFIC cut out of them style brushguard's. The only reason that the H14 has one back on her now is because I put it back there, All our late model pacifics that went through their shop had them replaced. The only P16's allowed to be left with them on was their 3 big P16's with the 16:00 x25 tire's T517, T519 and T521

Last edited:

cypresscreeklog

The Lowbed was rebuilt to move my gear around the North Island it has a global star sat phone mounted in it so I can call driver or so we can dispatch while out of radio range. The bed is very unique as it has hydraulic Rams that steer the rear boggies from the joystick inside the cab " where his hard hat is hanging off" this is very useful when going around switch backs or tight bridge approaches. I don't honk it is the only one of its kind on the coast.

camptramp

Occupation
You done her proud another P16 Pacific has found a good home , even the dash has been restored . See the little red light on the gauge for trans shifting pressure , I had the shop put it on there for low engine oil pressure .