• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

diamondtguy

Occupation
machine fitter/fabricator
P-9's were done by the time I started at Pacific..I am assuming the side panel bulges are for V8 engines ..
Love the headlights..

camptramp

Occupation
Retired Logger Retired Part time pebble hauler
A lot of V8-71 & V8-92 Detroit engines around in 1970's - 1980's . I have a set of those side panels collecting dust if anybody needs a set .

diamondtguy

Occupation
I am thinking they are for clearance on the V8's..I am no expert but I believe the turbo is on the top of all the Detroits and I have never seen a Cummins V8 so I am not thinking turbo clearance at least not on both sides...

I am going to be at Pacific again on Tues so maybe I will pull the original dwg and see what they say...I will let them know you have some P-9 side panels as well..

Interesting note about Pacific dwg's.All paper dwg's all the way back to 1947 still excist.I was looking at a date coded 1947 dwg last time I was there.Even the old ammonia filled machine that made copys of the dwg's is still alive...God I remember the smell of that machine..

Thanks for posting all the pics..

Hank R

Occupation
Retired Truck driver and School bus driver
Larry McNutt in front of new P-12 at there shop Pacific Truck Manufacturing INC. Jan. 31/2017.

Cory, Larry and Rollie.

Model of a 1974 P10 coal hauler, Roy Harkers truck #36

Hank R

Occupation
Not to sure on that but deep inside the truck his DNA is in there from 1979. I think it has his name on it so he should be the new owner. Unless I win the Lottery tonight.

diamondtguy

Occupation
I did help to put that truck together when it was new but I wasn't involved in the rebuild (I did offer)So the only fresh DNA of mine on her is from constantly caressing her and sitting in her lap.....Rollie did a great job..

Hank R

Occupation
A friend of mine that used to work with he built 3, 2 of truck #35 as he drove that one and 1 for Roy as his was #36, I was to get one as well but he could not find a AutoCar dumper as a base kit, so mine never got built, Then he moved away and got out of building Models.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
16402972_275584802861593_7433851646235598993_o.jpg

A picture from yesterday

diamondtguy

Occupation
Nice picture and a good looking P-16..I do believe I have seen her before...Does this mean they are doing some logging ??.

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
Nice picture and a good looking P-16..I do believe I have seen her before...Does this mean they are doing some logging ??.

Things are slowly moving again for the time being. I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to sit in both seats for a day. I never thought I would experience either. Thanks Steve!

diamondtguy

Occupation
So...you are saying that Steve is driving the P-16...Surely you got a picture..

I am actually envious...

Last edited: