• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi mm30sr

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
I had a guy who was good with circuit boards take a look at the one here. He found that the board was not grounded. He soldered a new ground onto the board and all has been well here.

gggraham

Occupation
Licensed Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
I have a schematic set if anyone is interested. Had one acting up here and the computer board was not grounded properly, had an electronics guy solder a new ground on board.

richiewelsh

Hi, I have a MM40sr which I intend on keeping for ever. I currently have no problems but it's getting old now and they will inevitably happen. Does anyone have any information, ie repair manuals or similar for this machine. If so could you please forward them to me at richiewelsh@hotmail.com. Also does anyone know where the best place to source parts for thin in the UK is??????
Thanx Richie.....

pa_florendo

Hi everyone, i have a mm30sr. im having problems with moving the arms forward and back. i keep getting error 66 on the CPU when i move the arms forward and when i move the arms backward, it moves so slow. Anyone experienced the same issue? May you please email me at pa_florendo@yahoo.com.ph. Thank you..

pa_florendo

follow up on my post above.. im actually getting 2 kinds of CPU errors when i move the arms of mm30sr forward. its error 66 and error 81.. Please help thanks

GerryR

I have a MM40SR and was going well until someone stole the brain. Where can I get this part and how much would it cost? Alternatively could I bypass the unit or make a replacement?
Help please
Gerry

mitsu

Manuals for Mitsubishi mm30sr

I have had the same problem. Have either of you fixed your problem yet? I have a copy of the Diagnostic Manual for the Electronic system for Mitsubishi MM30SR , MM40SR , MM55SR , MM55SR-2 These were translated from the original Japanese. Also have parts manual for MM30SR. Does anyone know how I could reach these guys? Thanks td6man

I understand that you have copies of manuals I need to repair the electronic problems that stop the boom to move upward. (error code E22) Let me know if you can send them in pdf thrue internet or by any other means. I would appreciate to know the price you want for those dcuments. Thank you in advance for helping me as I have bought this machine to lighten my retirement days and now I am stocked with a machine that I can't use. Mitsu

GerryR

I found a solution to my problem of a missing processor. A company in Australia - IMDynamics, make an alternative analogue control box which replaces the computer in these machines. I had to send my joysticks to them first (a long way from Ireland) for them to match the control. I had to do a bit of installation of rewiring which was fairly straightforward and I'm very happy with the outcome. You need to ascertain the model of your joysticks to see if they work with 12 volts.
Mine were Kawasaki ERU2-1.

mitsu

Thank you Gerry

I found a solution to my problem of a missing processor. A company in Australia - IMDynamics, make an alternative analogue control box which replaces the computer in these machines. I had to send my joysticks to them first (a long way from Ireland) for them to match the control. I had to do a bit of installation of rewiring which was fairly straightforward and I'm very happy with the outcome. You need to ascertain the model of your joysticks to see if they work with 12 volts.
Mine were Kawasaki ERU2-1.

Thank you for this useful information. If I can't fix the problem by cleaning all the cnnections and grounds it might be the solution I choose. Mitsu

loftyofaust

Hi Phil Thanks for all the info you and the fish guy Shaun have given the readers of this forum ..I have a collection of documents that may help those having trouble with mm55sr i can be contacted by E-mail at loftncher@exemail.com I live at Buderim on the Sunshine Coast in Queensland Australia My name is Alan Maudsley
please note change of email address to loftncher@exemail.com

slick519

Occupation
trail crew
Just wanting to let people know about the success I have had in getting my Mitsubishi mm30cr excavator going. I had the same problem as most that the controls had locked out the dipper, boom, bucket and slew, but the tracks and front blade still operated. The problem was the controls, they consist of 4 micro switches and 4 potentiometers.
The problem on my machine was that one of the potentiometers failed which inturn locked out the controls. I finished up replacing 3 of the potentiometers, adjusted the slop in the controls and then adjusted the micro switches and potentiometers. The machine works perfectly now, I suggest you get a forklift mechanic with an expertise in electronics to look at your machine. It would seem the forklift mechanics have a lot more to do with electronic controls. You can do it yourself once you know how to adjust the micro switch and potentiometers to their neutral position. Hope this is some help or it gives you a direction to start looking at your problems.
Regards treviftn

Say treviftn, I am having a similar problem. How did you determine that it was the potentiometers/microswitches? was there a code that indicated as such? If not, do you know at what voltage range the potentiometers/microswitches should read at?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

slick519

Occupation
trail crew
My mm55sr-2 wouldnt even turn over, and it turned out to be the microswitch under the left arm rest that indicates the arm-rests up or down position.

Folks having issues with the micro switch under the arm-- try switching the wires from COM/NC to COM NO (abbr. for common, normally closed, normally open). This was an easy way to check that the switch was stuck in the wrong position. to free the switch, there are two little pins that punch out (fairly) easily. pop the case off, and check for corrosion on the little copper plate, and then remove the rubber nipple with the copper stud in it, and remove the small plastic bumper that directly hits the connection in the switch. the rubber nipple outside the housing and plastic bumper inside the housing should be free floating, and not stuck together.

Anybody have knowledge of what other problems this faulty microswitch causes?

PeterV

Any chance you could send me that manual. i have a japanese friend that may be able to translate the error codes so i can then post them.

Thanks

nider

I also need a manual for a MM40SR, same problem like above and I don´t understand how to use the "computer/display" for the digging deph.
Can someone send a mail with the pdf it will be great.

/Niklas