• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi BD2G Questions

isletom

BD2G Tranny oil filter?

Can anybody tell me the filter number of the powershift filter. The small spin-on filter under the floorboard under your right foot...I think. I think I have a 1988 model.
Thanks,

Tom W.

nork69

Hi everyone. I'm in Canada and I would like to know if someone know someone who could sell us part for BD2G? I found nothing on my side. Maybe one of you have some info for me. I'm ready to pay and work with USPS not UPS. If someone would like to help that could be really cool. Thanks everyone.

wrlong37

Occupation
construction
I got a manuel for the bd2f mizz. dozer and crawler. anyone needing it and i will help get you one contact me at wrlong37@yahoo.com please put att. manual or i will deleate it for spam

jeremyhart72

Hello all,
Don't want to hijack this thread, but it looks like just the folks I need to talk to. Mitsu dozer experts. I have a problem with my BD2H. There is a Sqealing coming from around the steering clutches. Mostly when I am in reverse, but also in forward. At times, if I let it continue The dozer will just bog down and stall out. I can kick it up in nuetral for a min. And continue running no prob. sometimes it won't do it at all, and sometimes it will drive me mad. The steering clutches pull fine. I can bury the blade and both tracks will spin until they break traction. I have the parts, service and owners manual, but no reference to any problem like this. could it be the steering clutches? or maybe the brake band binding and causing it to stall out? Sorry to be so long winded, but I wanted a second opinion before I tore into it. Any help is greatly needed and appreciated!!!

ellrod

Pull the caps off and check the break bands. If you have any doubt just back them up 1 turn and see if that makes it better or worse. don't remember the proper settings, I think tight and back off 3.5 turns ? look in the book. I cant think of why they would be binding but I have had no need to go past the adjustment's so far but I will need to replace steering clutches soon. RIght side first. It pulls good but makes a hell-of-a noise when released and breaks tightens on right side. Other than that I can't picture what might be causing it to lock down. Will it stall the engine ? Do you have to pull something to hear this noise or will it just do it in a straight line ??

jeremyhart72

Thanks for the quick reply ellrod. I will give it a try tommorow. I hope it is something simple like that and not a major problem. I bought the dozer this winter for a really good price. I hope there was not a reason for such a good deal!!

jeremyhart72

Oh I forgot to answer your question ellrod. it will do at at different times sometimes under load and sometimes just moving really strange.

KTBAUGH

Site Sponsor
Squeaking brake

Hello,
if the brakes are locking down, you have the brake bands too tight. You need to adjust the brake bands until you have 7-8 inches of travel on your steering levers.

Thanks,
kent baugh
www.ktbaugh.com

ellrod

I was wondering if he was using the steering levers when it made the noise. If so it's steering clutches if the brakes are not to tight. I have one steering clucth that makes a really bad noise once in a while and I have been putting off replacing it but I can see it happening this summer :-( Best I can remember the brake bands go from tight to backed off 3 and 1/2 turns and that will get you close. If somebody has been adjusting on all points of the linkage he will have to start from scratch to get the right distance the book calls for. I think everything on mine had been turned before I got it. I guess they were trying to get rid of the noise the steering clutches made.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Owner-Equipment & Parts Sales
Sounds like you need to lift the seat up and look at your brake levers. Make sure it is not stuck in the brake applied position or close. Take a big wrench and move it back and forth to see how she moves. Good luck and keep us posted.

jeremyhart72

Thanks for all the input. Right now the squealing is on the back-burner. I threw a track yesterday evening and i have rubber tracks. The tensioner will not release. I have been woking on it all day. no luck. I am going to go throughthe whole adjustment procedure, by the book. But right now I have to get this tensioner to release. But to answer your question it will make the noise not moving anything just straight line. and if I let it keep going eventually the dozer will bog down and die. thanks everyone.

jeremyhart72

Well Darin, you were absolutly right. tyhe brakes were stuck in the brake applied position. I changed out the springs for stronger ones. I lubed up the linkage after I adjusted everything (which was badly out of adjustment)mmNow it works like a champ. I am really getting an education on theses little dozers. I ran it all day yesterday and no bogging down at all. Thanks for all the help with my problems ellrod and darin.

jeremyhart72

well just wanted to say that I am very happy with the performance of my BD2J. After all the tinkering, I think the dozer is performing great. I would like to say that the rubber tracks can be a pain( after the experience of throwing as track)
The tracks are brand new. i thought that the tensioner was not releasing enough to get it back on, but it was jus new and too tight. I had to use my tractor to pull it back in the idler. The manuals I got from Rhine were a big help. Very expensive though. I hope someone puts it in a pdf file and sells it. It would save alot of people some cash. I will be glad to help anyone out that has any questions on these dozers. Just shoot me an email. I have the operators, parts, and service manual.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
Good deal. Glad to hear you got her going. You will have fun with the dozer I'm sure.

JakeATF

Hello all! I joined here to get some help for my Father. He has a BD2G dozer with power shift that has been sitting up for a year unused. He lives in Missouri and I live in SC.

He is not computer literate so I'm the go between. I have already helped him with information from here already.

Anyway, he says after a few minutes or a couple hours use, depending on how hard its used, it will just stop moving. After a short sit, 20 minutes or so, it will run for a while longer and repeat.

We both think there is a blockage in the transmission filter. He has found a cartridge filter attached to the transmission and wants to know if this is the only filter for the transmission or if there is one in the bottom like a car.

I found out in here what oils to use yesterday and he then topped it off today to capacity. He said it did the same thing.

I have found where to order the manuals for this dozer for him and he plans to do so in the next week or so. In the mean time, he wanted to find out where the filter was so he could change it out.

If anyone has the location for an online version of the manuals or can lend any help there we would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help with this.

darinray

Charter Member
Occupation
There is not one like a car filter on the bottom but under the driveshaft by the pump there is a suction strainer mounted on the back side. I would change the spin on filter and clean the strainer along with new oil to see if that fixes the problem. Keep the forum posted on what happens.

Darin

JakeATF

Update. Thanks to information from here we found the problem. The spin on filter has been changed since the tractor was purchased. It will be replaced again, but the main fault was the strainer in the lower part of the transmission. It is located on the rear of the transmission below the spin on filter next to the pump. The line from the pump goes into it. Disconnect the line, remove two bolts and pull it out. This strainer is constructed of metal mesh and has several magnets inside it. After my father pulled it out yesterday he said it looks like the previous owner may not have known to clean it. He said it was about 90% stopped up. He has yet to put it all back together yet. He had to travel to town to get fresh oil and a filter. This fits the symptoms. It would run until all the oil was pumped up into the transmission and the loss of pressure due to the clogged strainer would cause the dozer to stop moving. We will know 100% when its all back together and tested. He said that would be this week.

My Father asked that I thank all of you for him, so I would like thank all of you who responded with PM's and E-mails and posting here.

I'll keep you all posted as to any further problems or solutions.

JakeATF

There is not one like a car filter on the bottom but under the driveshaft by the pump there is a suction strainer mounted on the back side. I would change the spin on filter and clean the strainer along with new oil to see if that fixes the problem. Keep the forum posted on what happens.

Darin

This was probably the cause. Thanks for the heads up!