• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco SK210 Pump Problem

PRDiesel

Mr. Kobelco,

I tried what you said in the diagnostic screens and found the following:

-First of all, I have version 1.2
-Everything seemed within your specs until I got to the C1 and C2 pressures.
---C1 Pump P1= .5v 1K--- With the machine off
---C2 Pump P2= .9V 62K--- With the machine off

---E1 P1 Pump
Comp 500 mA 15K
Meas 482 mA 14k
Powershift 150 mA With the machine off

---E2 P2 Pump
comp 501 mA 15k
Meas 487 mA 14K
Powershift 150 mA With the machine off

I now suspect the c2 sensor has gone bad, what do you think?

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
go ahead and switch the and see if the problem moves to the other side you won't hurt a thing that should tell you

PRDiesel

I switched the sensor wiring and thus plugged the wiring for c1 into the c2 sensor and the c2 wiring into the c1 sensor and the readings switched on the diagnostic screen (C1 read the high reading instead of C2)

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
PARTS & SERVICE MGR. AMOUNG OTHER HATS @ KOBELCO D
The sensors should reading 0k with the m/c off.
Bouncing from 0-1k is normal
62k is not right. 62k = 881.83 psi
this is destroking that particualr pump earlier than it should for your sensor has malfunctioned. The pressure disc gets distorted.
Yes this sensor should be replaced.
C-2 = pump 2 high prs sensor = se-23 which is tagged on the wiring harness to this sensor.
By the way all our customers with your generation of sk210lc, i have programmed with version 11.00 & have performed setups done in a structured and logical stepped method. A procedure that i have written up.
All our customers are happy with the end result.
Your version 1. 20 = version 12.00
we found that this version was not recieved well by the operators in our region. If you are content you are okay to leave this version.
Kobelco recommends this as the latest version.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
Read the vers once more.
Make sure there is a space after the decimal point.
1. 20
the space is there to diferentiate number of version is a version higher than 10. Computer programmer did not have room to allow placement of 2 digits before the decimal point.

PRDiesel

Mr. Kobelco,

I will check the version again to make sure, I wasnt looking for a space the last time. Would switching to version 11.00 require a laptop, and what are the changes? Im always looking for better performance from the machine.

Also, i tried to look up the part number for the pressure sensor on the Kobelco America website but could not locate the number, would you by chance have it?

Your knowledge of the brand is very impressive, I would love to know more about the quirks of my machine (I didnt even know about the maintenance screens before your post) hopefully we can talk more in the future.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
sensor

the part # for the sensor is YN52S00016P1 you would have to have a lap top and cables to change the program in the cpu we have had guys try and rig there own but it never turns out good at least for them but it does make our dealer ship money also changing the program can and will change performance of the machine. All the information on the electrics is in the service manual but the software and cables are kobelco own and cost our dealership quite a bit of money every year to keep up to date

djackson47957

I am a brand new member to this forum and am not able to start a new thread. But have a question we need answered. We just purchased a 1985 Kobelco K907C excavator and it will not swing all the way around. It stops in a certain spot while trying to swing from rear to front and begins to jerk violently. Any ideas? Thanks!

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
by the way the part number buddy gave earlier is incorrect - YN52S00016P1
that subs up to a YN52S00016P3.
these are your nega-con sensors that fit into the teed fittings on the pump.
that is not the one you have a bad reading for.
the initial high pressure sensor is part# LC52S00002P1
which now subs to LC52S00013F2 ( has an adaptor harness w/ sensor to fit your machine harness ).
if you purchased this one keep for a spare nega con.
those sensors have the wiring tagged SE-27 & SE-28.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
version 1. 20 is the latest version kobelco japan recommends.
we have all our customers setup with version 1. 10
version 11.00.
setup with my step by step procedure your machine would perform like night and day for the better.
i can e-mail to your local dealer my procedure.
my kobelco field rep refers all the dealers he supports for kobelco to me for this procedure. it works and is fairly easy to follow for an experienced kobelco mechanic.

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
yes you do require a laptop.
if the machine was purchased by you direct from the dealer,
you should be able to talk them into switching you over from 12 -> 11
with my procedure if they want to keep you as a long term kobelco cutomer they should probably not charge for this. with my procedure they will learn something more indepth on how the kobelcos function which is more than what the mechanics learn about in the factory schooling.
i have been twice.
dynamic acera training as well as the new mark 8 & sr-2 models ( current models )

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
Yes I did screw up and got the wrong sensor too many things on my desk but I would always check the older # for any part first all the parts systems will change a # up but not down someone could have the older # and not the new one. As far as installing any software on a machine that some one has cooked up on there own I don't believe Kobelco would think much of that!!

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
dear dirthog,
hey mistakes can happen.
just making sure this was brought to attention before the sensor was installed.
on other point, i do not cook up anything on my own.
i have worked with many dealers up here in canada after Kobelco themselves had referred for them to make contact with me on how to go about setting up their machine properly in order to make their customer happy.
that is the end result of course - keep the customer happy.
my setups ensure the machine is dialed in correctly.
i do not think you realise, i am the Parts & Service Mgr. for a long time full-line Kobelco hydraulic excavator dealership.
i have also been to the factory twice, and have taught hydraulics college levels 1 & 2.
there is more, but this is not the point.
i am enrolled in the est service tools subscription and have quite the extensive version library. many versions of which other dealers do not have.
some versions were corrected by our dealership bringing to light problems within the software.
so everyone out there knows, there is nothing that i would do that is not already known or approved by kobelco.
For all that may read this, i am only here to help.
I do this day in and day out.
Kobelco is a good machine and has a proven to be also very reliable.
like any equipment as long as you service the machine when it requires, it will take care of you. oils and filters are cheap compared to breakdowns.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Hey fellow's, I think you both (dirthog and Mr. Kolbelco) need to have a beer. :) You both have exibited your expertise with the Kobelco machine, and it's obvious to me Mr. Kobelco is a highly trained tech. I think both of you can be a great asset to this forum and the many Kobelco owners here. But you fella's seem to have got in a bit of a tussle here. :beatsme Calm down and work together and you both can be a great asset to us all. ;)

MR. KOBELCO

Resigned
Occupation
I agree. In these times we all need to stick together.
drinkup.

dirthog

Occupation
heavy equipment mechanic
not saying that I to have been to a lot of kobelco schools some at the factory and more at our own dealership as kobelco does most of there training for our company right at our dealership now because of the number of mechanics we have and also the number of machines we have out and I will admit I have been away from the mechanic end for a year or so moved into more of the sales end of things as the body is getting tired after 30+ years or turning wrenches