• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
ive got a 2005 kobelco 200srlc. the swingbrake solenoid indicator on the monitor came on and beeps when in operation. i had the kobelco mechanic come out and put a new solenoid on and it didnt fix the problem.
he suggested a short in the wire between computer and solenoid but seemed unsure as to what it is. anyone else encounter this problem. or know how to fix.
Hi is the swing brake fault on all the time when working or just when swing or arm in is used.

Digger85

I've got an Sk135sr-3 2009 model,

I just bought a tilt bucket for it and just cant seem to get it to tilt. It's piped into the auxiliaries on the boom properly and everything. there's oil going through the lines to each side of the bucket but the rams just don't move. When i undo the hoses the oil isn't under a lot of pressure which makes me think personally it's a lack of pressure but the again i have no clue really. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the excavators hydraulics system i might be pushing the wrong buttons what controls the tilt function? i know its bit of a rookie question but any advice would be great thanks

Last edited:

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic

I just bought a tilt bucket for it and just cant seem to get it to tilt. It's piped into the auxiliaries on the boom properly and everything. there's oil going through the lines to each side of the bucket but the rams just don't move. When i undo the hoses the oil isn't under a lot of pressure which makes me think personally it's a lack of pressure but the again i have no clue really. I'm sure there's nothing wrong with the excavators hydraulics system i might be pushing the wrong buttons what controls the tilt function? i know its bit of a rookie question but any advice would be great thanks
Hi do you know if it has factory fitted 2 way piping if your not sure please post a picture of the pipe work on the boom. Also is there a third pedal on the floor on the cab

Tags

There is a valve that changes from single flow to bi-directional flow under the grey side cover kind of behind and to the right of the hydraulic tank. I believe it will be labeled with a B (for breaker) and N (for nibler) , you want it set on N. Also I'm sure you know this but where your lines hook up on the stick there should be some shut off valves that need to be opened.

Then again, since you're in Australia, the machine may be set up differently than here in the states and everything I said could be garbage.....

Jerry T

If you start your search without having any specific dealerships in mind yet, I suggest you start out with "marketplace" sites like machinery trader, tractorhouse... One that I like is Machinery Marketplace (https://machinerymarketplace.net) because it has pretty cool map to help users to find both EQ and local dealerships. Machinery Marketplace does not carry parts though. Bummer!

gekkoen

I'm considering buying an sk160lc-4 1997 model year
the boom, stick and bucket moves as it should when you push the controls all the way, when moving slowly it bogs the engine way down and will stall if you don't let of the controls or go full on again
The track and swing motions works perfectly.
the display in the cab only say's "CHECK 1 error"
the machine has a new hydraulic pump, new hydraulic oil and filters

any thoughts on what could cause this,

Rollie Tree

I have an ed150 blade runner showing error for offset (L) sensor aND offset (R) sensor. I can't find any information on these or a location. The machine runs fine otherwise.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
I have an ed150 blade runner showing error for offset (L) sensor aND offset (R) sensor. I can't find any information on these or a location. The machine runs fine otherwise.
If your remove the plate under the cab and look at the bottom on the offset pedal there will be two sensors coming out the side of it, these are offset left and right. It's would unusual for both sensors to go at the same time unless something pushed up the plate and damaged them or could be a wiring problem

Rollie Tree

If your remove the plate under the cab and look at the bottom on the offset pedal there will be two sensors coming out the side of it, these are offset left and right. It's would unusual for both sensors to go at the same time unless something pushed up the plate and damaged them or could be a wiring problem

I assume by offset pedal you mean the crawl/track pedals?? There are 4 sensors there and each one throws a different code when unplugged. This machine is NOT equipped with a offset boom, just a standard one, but IS equipped with a dozer blade, and everything works fine. I recently installed a new chasis wire harness due to a fire undertow hydraulic tank, but everything worked fine with no alarms for 2 months after that repair. I just don't know what the offset sensor does on this machine, or at least what system is at fault here.

It is just not a term I am familiar with

Edit: there is also NO foot pedal in this machine for auxiliary controls. It is all push buttons on the joy stick, with a separate stick for the blade

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
I assume by offset pedal you mean the crawl/track pedals?? There are 4 sensors there and each one throws a different code when unplugged. This machine is NOT equipped with a offset boom, just a standard one, but IS equipped with a dozer blade, and everything works fine. I recently installed a new chasis wire harness due to a fire undertow hydraulic tank, but everything worked fine with no alarms for 2 months after that repair. I just don't know what the offset sensor does on this machine, or at least what system is at fault here.

It is just not a term I am familiar with
Sorry I assumed it was a machine with an offset boom fitted if it was the pedal would be on the floor next to the track pedals. Did the two offset faults appear at the same time