• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Kobelco hydraulic excavators

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
9Yes

Yes all the time. Even key on engine off.
OK firstly check the wiring from under the cab to the controller even tho your machine does not have an offset boom it should still have the wiring and connectors for it, if wiring is OK I am afraid the problem is inside the machine controller

Rollie Tree

OK firstly check the wiring from under the cab to the controller even tho your machine does not have an offset boom it should still have the wiring and connectors for it, if wiring is OK I am afraid the problem is inside the machine controller
There are two wire connectors that go it the area under the cab where the solenoids are that don't go anywhere, just capped off from the factory. Those must be them. That part of the harness is original. I will take the seat out and check the wiring tomorrow. Thank you

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
There are two wire connectors that go it the area under the cab where the solenoids are that don't go anywhere, just capped off from the factory. Those must be them. That part of the harness is original. I will take the seat out and check the wiring tomorrow. Thank you
Off the top of my head I think the ones you are looking for are marked se-21 and se-22. Also all the pressure sensors work at 0.5 to 5 volt so be careful when testing them

Rollie Tree

Could they possibly be sv-9 and sv-10?

It seems the machine bogs the engine and stalls while tracking, so now I am back here to find the problem.

Rollie Tree

The wires you are looking for will be under the cab floor and won't be plugged into anything
Okay lol then I was trying to check solenoids that I didn't need to mess with. There are 4 plugs that don't go anywhere and are capped. I just left the machine to get a service manual, so I don't have the numbers off hand, but two in the center, one on far left, one on far right when looking up under the cab.

It has all the symptoms of a plugged or broken PRV somewhere. Also the tank did not have pressure when I tried to release it, Which seemed odd as it is 105f degrees here today.

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Okay lol then I was trying to check solenoids that I didn't need to mess with. There are 4 plugs that don't go anywhere and are capped. I just left the machine to get a service manual, so I don't have the numbers off hand, but two in the center, one on far left, one on far right when looking up under the cab.

It has all the symptoms of a plugged or broken PRV somewhere. Also the tank did not have pressure when I tried to release it, Which seemed odd as it is 105f degrees here today.
The tank pressure realise valve is not great om them and goes faulty alot. Two of the four wires under the cab are marked se-11 and se-20 ignore those two. It's the other two for the offset L and R, I just can't think of the numbers for them

Rollie Tree

Ok . I don't understand how the offset sensors that aren't there could effect the travel of the machine, unless they are sending a false pilot signal to the mechatro controller and overloading the pumps???? Or possibly a bad controller internally? If I can trace the wires back to the controller and eliminate them from the system alltogether, the alarm should stop on the display, correct? Then leaving my to troubleshoot the travel issue....

Kobelco ireland

Occupation
Mechanic
Ok . I don't understand how the offset sensors that aren't there could effect the travel of the machine, unless they are sending a false pilot signal to the mechatro controller and overloading the pumps???? Or possibly a bad controller internally? If I can trace the wires back to the controller and eliminate them from the system alltogether, the alarm should stop on the display, correct? Then leaving my to troubleshoot the travel issue....
If you trace the wires back and disconnect them at the controller and the fault does not go away then the controller is broken

Sumeet

Hello,
I have a 2007 Kobelco ED150 Blade Runner YL05-00XXX.
I just became aware that I can access many features through the Kobelco monitor.
I had a few questions about accessing/resetting the computer via the buzzer stop, screen switch, and mode buttons.

I held down the buzzer stop and screen switch together for 10 seconds with the ignition on and the screen displayed draining hyd pressure, the rpms dropped. What exactly is this doing? How long should I let the machine do this, is it a good thing?

Are there any other serviceman adjustments/resetting I can do via the Kobelco monitor? Such as clearing error codes, adjusting machine parameters, viewing error logs, resetting oil change intervals, viewing advanced performance information of the machine (voltage, hyd pressures, turbo boost, etc), and any other things.

If you may, please let me know what I can access through the kobelco monitor and the procedures to do it.
Thank you in advance.

samsonv8

working ok apart from the track speed and bucket dig,not showing any faults on screen ,help
its a old sk 130 ur yx01135 grey market i have been told,
is it possible that it could be a problem on a bypass in the main block,
the only manual i have is for the 135 ,
what would the spool look like .
on the screen it has B6 bypass p2

Rollie Tree

Hello,
I have a 2007 Kobelco ED150 Blade Runner YL05-00XXX.
I just became aware that I can access many features through the Kobelco monitor.
I had a few questions about accessing/resetting the computer via the buzzer stop, screen switch, and mode buttons.

I held down the buzzer stop and screen switch together for 10 seconds with the ignition on and the screen displayed draining hyd pressure, the rpms dropped. What exactly is this doing? How long should I let the machine do this, is it a good thing?

Are there any other serviceman adjustments/resetting I can do via the Kobelco monitor? Such as clearing error codes, adjusting machine parameters, viewing error logs, resetting oil change intervals, viewing advanced performance information of the machine (voltage, hyd pressures, turbo boost, etc), and any other things.

If you may, please let me know what I can access through the kobelco monitor and the procedures to do it.
Thank you in advance.
I am having the same problem. The monitor used to go into service mode, now it just does this

Rollie Tree

Working on this same machine again... kobelco ed150 blade runner.
The wire harness recently caught fire again. I found the dc-dc converter under the monitor was melted and not putting out 12v. Replaced dc-dc converter. Now the blade wont move. No pilot pressure at the valve body at all. There is a blade on/off button on the console that appears to run into the mechatro controller (green/white wire) I have 24v at the switch until turned on, then nothing. Good continuity from mechatro connector to on/off swith connector. Also found several diodes under mechatro, all test good. I can't find a good diagram for the dozer circuit. How does the on/off swith control the pilot pressure for the dozero blade? There must be a way to trick the system so that the switch is always on as long as the safety arm is up. ?????

Rollie Tree

Working on this same machine again... kobelco ed150 blade runner.
The wire harness recently caught fire again. I found the dc-dc converter under the monitor was melted and not putting out 12v. Replaced dc-dc converter. Now the blade wont move. No pilot pressure at the valve body at all. There is a blade on/off button on the console that appears to run into the mechatro controller (green/white wire) I have 24v at the switch until turned on, then nothing. Good continuity from mechatro connector to on/off swith connector. Also found several diodes under mechatro, all test good. I can't find a good diagram for the dozer circuit. How does the on/off swith control the pilot pressure for the dozero blade? There must be a way to trick the system so that the switch is always on as long as the safety arm is up. ?????
Also I have 6v at the low pressure switch. The machine will Rev up when pilot pressure is applied. I was able to lift the blade by tapping into the swing pilot line so that it can be moved, but get nothing when I work the joystick.

BOJON

Hi all,
I am attempting to do the adjust procedure for the throttle stepper motor on a SK200LC-3.
I have no luck getting into the adjust mode.
The display just shows the wrench and the text "1 CHECK", what does that indicate?

I also have a question about the mode switch located in the hole at the rear facing panel of the right hand pulpit.
What is it used for? I have no operators manual so it is hard to guess.