• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Hayes trucks in the logging industry

Vigilant

Occupation
Attitude Adjuster at the Graybar Hotel
I have one nagging question, if y'awl don't mind. On the 8V71s and 8V92s equipped with dual stacks, the only models I have seen like that had a stack on each side. Why is it that with the 12V71s in the Hayes and pacifics, they routed them both to the passenger side?

I'm thinking it has to do with the offset cab.... but then again, I recall a lot of KW 848s set up that way also.

69hayes

Occupation
Marine Engineer,
One nice feature of having them over on the other side is you don't have as much noise in your ears all day.

Occupation
Running Supersnorkel
A preload that could not load its own trailer, Had to be loaded by the dump and unloaded with the loader, Damn heavy trailers as I recall.Nice looking Truck when it was new, a little rough now!!

Dave Hadden

Occupation
Retired.
KW850&T800H You request is answered Here goes s/n 3032428 Was sold through Hayes Interior Sales to Interior Contracting. Clipper conventional Model 29-56 Delivered Mar 2/63 came with GM 8V71 s/n 8VA9386 Spicer 8251-F main trans s/n 421310 and 8341-C aux trans s/n 414987 Rear ends were 44,000lb Rockwell model SSHD 7.4 ratio so that would give her 60MPH top speed 234 inch wheel base Hendrickson Spring suspension. Truck was ordered heavy duty as cab and chassis only. She came with a stub bumper and a brushguard ( this was not common for the Clippers) however some customers wanted them installed Frame and wheels and fuel tank (two 65 gal steel tanks) were painted Black Cab and heavy Duty hood were painted Cat Yellow # 2331-304 was the paint formula Truck was 12/24 Volt with the Series Parallel Switch 10:00X20 Goodyear Rock Logger Tires Viking Bostrom T Bar seat and the standard 14 inch 2 plate clutch. Hope this is what you wanted!!!!!

May I just say again, for the record, YOU are one incredible source of information and I am in awe.

And I don't mean to demean any of the others here who are incredibly knowledgeable too, but you're just a freak.

In the finest way of course. LOL

Thank you and.....

Take care.

HDX

Dave Many Thanks This site is my fav and any info/knowledge etc that I have that helps anybody should be shared. I have tons of pics but just cant seem to post em After things settle down with the Hayes Show next weekend I will get the kid next door to come over and show me how to do it.

pacific#1

Hey I was wondering if you know about any older kenworth,pacifics,hayes,macks are for sale on vancouver Island or BC region, looking for a project to work on at the shop

64Pacific

Dave Many Thanks This site is my fav and any info/knowledge etc that I have that helps anybody should be shared. I have tons of pics but just cant seem to post em After things settle down with the Hayes Show next weekend I will get the kid next door to come over and show me how to do it.

Give me a shout if you want me to help with scanning - as the IT manager at my office I am familiar with this sort of stuff - and my Hayes website can always use more content :). Speaking of help restoring a truck, a freind of mine has just purchased a 1971 HD (SN 4471), (he has a couple others that he would like the tickets for as well) he was wondering if I could contact you for the line tickets as he does not have internet access - he wants to ensure the truck is original when he restores it. Pics below (if I got uploading right) and appearing on www.hayestruckclub.org shortly...

PG Trucks0019.JPG

Scott

HDX

How old of a Hayes do you want??? Rich Bennett in Duncan has his 39 Hayes project for sale There is a P9 Pacific project truck for sale in Nanaimo Come up to the show next weekend All the right people will be there

KW850&T800H

COPPA
Thank you so much! I couldn't ask for a better answer! That is useful information that I'm so happy that someone could finally help me with! Thanks again!

KW850&T800H You request is answered Here goes s/n 3032428 Was sold through Hayes Interior Sales to Interior Contracting. Clipper conventional Model 29-56 Delivered Mar 2/63 came with GM 8V71 s/n 8VA9386 Spicer 8251-F main trans s/n 421310 and 8341-C aux trans s/n 414987 Rear ends were 44,000lb Rockwell model SSHD 7.4 ratio so that would give her 60MPH top speed 234 inch wheel base Hendrickson Spring suspension. Truck was ordered heavy duty as cab and chassis only. She came with a stub bumper and a brushguard ( this was not common for the Clippers) however some customers wanted them installed Frame and wheels and fuel tank (two 65 gal steel tanks) were painted Black Cab and heavy Duty hood were painted Cat Yellow # 2331-304 was the paint formula Truck was 12/24 Volt with the Series Parallel Switch 10:00X20 Goodyear Rock Logger Tires Viking Bostrom T Bar seat and the standard 14 inch 2 plate clutch. Hope this is what you wanted!!!!!

pacific#1

How old of a Hayes do you want??? Rich Bennett in Duncan has his 39 Hayes project for sale There is a P9 Pacific project truck for sale in Nanaimo Come up to the show next weekend All the right people will be there

Thanks for replying to me HDX and the age does not bother me I'm just looking for a project truck to work on after work and is that show next weekend the 90th anneversary of Hayes ?

HDX

pacific#1 Yes it is There will probably be a few trucks for sale there and then there will always be the trusty old cigarette package map with the treasure map on it and the old " X " the truck is right here" things also. There will be an old 65 KW with tilt hood and 318 there that needs a new home for low bucks and it sounds like something that might rattle your sabre However if you want a Pacific as per your handle there is at least two we know of

HDX

You know If you are into it Larry Childs just down the road from you has his Clippers for sale and he cant make the show so beetle over there and buy one or both and then get a friend to drive one and you drive the other to the show Come through the back way through Kissenger lake and Franklin Nice two hour drive to Alberni Think of the scenery you will see LOL See you next weekend

KW850&T800H

COPPA
An HDX and a Clipper left to rust an hour from the Alberta border and 350kms south of Prince George BC.
Yarder unknown on the clipper although S# information is presented a few posts back.
And yes, that's me looking in the hood of the Clipper, I'm pretty proud of myself for showing such an interest in these rigs and giving them the respect they deserve at my young age.
DSCN0072.JPGDSCN0076.JPGDSCN0103.JPGDSCN0083.JPGDSCN0084.JPG

pacific#1

You know If you are into it Larry Childs just down the road from you has his Clippers for sale and he cant make the show so beetle over there and buy one or both and then get a friend to drive one and you drive the other to the show Come through the back way through Kissenger lake and Franklin Nice two hour drive to Alberni Think of the scenery you will see LOL See you next weekend

Yeah I will have to give larry childs a call or go walk over there, you wouldn't happen to know the years of the trucks?

HDX

64 Pacific Post pictures of the serial number plates Then everybody here can enjoy them Sorry pacific#1 not sure of years been a while since I rubbed their fenders