• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford A-66 specs and parts?

diskillians

Glad I found this forum/thread as haven't been able to find much information on our A-64 loader. We are looking to replace the valve cover gasket but were told the parts were discontinued for the loader. Does anyone know if a gasket from the 8700 or 9700 engines would work? Also RocksnRoses if you don't mind could you send a spec sheet for the A-64 to bdisbro(at)Hotmail.com Any information is greatly appreciated.

Alberic

Hello everyone. Glad I found this forum!
I'm looking for some parts for a Ford A-66.
RocksnRoses can you please send me a spec sheet for the A-66 I would need it.
My email adress is alberic.ducournau(at)gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

norrox

Sorry for double posting, i chuld not find the edit button on my previous post.
Here is a picture on my beatuty
919691_10151456622878337_731925824_o.jpg
528439_10151458193523337_413126128_n.jpg

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
That's a nice looking A64 you have there, Christoffer.

The specs are on their way.

RnR.

bhmhydrau

Occupation
Hydraulic Technician
hi this is my first time here, wonder if you can help me

i have a ford a62 in my workshop, it won't select forward or reverse when cold but does when it's hot. what can the problem be?

could you please mail me any technical data on this machine i would appreciate it

RocksnRoses

Occupation
bhmhydrau, I only have the loader specification sheets for Ford loaders, I don't have workshop manuals.

The spec sheets would not help you with your problem, someone else here on the forum may be able to do that.

However, if you wanted the spec sheets, I can send them to you, but I would need your email address.

My only thoughts on your problem, is to check that the linkages down to the transmission aren't worn too much,
which means you may not be getting enough travel to engage the transmission when it is cold and stiff, but is just going far enough to engage,
when it is hot and everything is has loosened up.

RnR.

bhmhydrau

Occupation
Hydraulic Technician
HEY RNR, THANKS FOR THE REPLY,

I MADE SOME NEW BUSHES AND REPAIRED ONE LINK, BUT STILL HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. THEN I REMOVED THE CONTROLL UNIT ON THE SIDE OF THE TRANSMISSION AND OPENED IT, FOUND THAT THE SPOOLS WERE BADLY DAMAGED, SCORE MARKS AND SHAVINGS INSIDE, SO I'M GONNA REMOVE THE TRANSMISSION AND SEND IT AWAY TO BE CHECKED.

IF YOU COULD MAYBE MAIL ME THOSE SPEC SHEETS THAT WOULD HELP ME A LOT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE. MY MAIL IS
n54x4performances@telkomsa.net

THANKS AGAIN, I LIKE THE SITE SO WILL SURELY VISIT IT MORE

RocksnRoses

Occupation
No worries, bhmhydrau, the specs are on their way and welcome to HEF.

RnR.

bhmhydrau

Occupation
Hydraulic Technician
Thanks for those specs, gonna start removing the transmission today, so i'll let you know what we find there.

norrox

The spec sheet says that i shuld have 4 forward speeds and 2 reverse, but i can only see that i have 2 forward and 1 reverse?
And do you know what oil to use in the transmission? standard red transmission oil? or just regular engine oil as used in modern machines?
Thank you :)

RocksnRoses

Occupation
I'm not sure about the transmission speeds Norrox, maybe check the linkages for wear, they may not be pushing the selector lever far enough to engage the others. Failing that, you would need to get a mechanic to look at it.

Mobil recommend:

MOBILFLUID 424
Service Refill Capacity: 34 Litres (see note 14)

Valvoline recommend:

FARMPLUS HYDRATRANS
Tractor transmission/hydraulic fluid that meets the requirements of modern tractors which specify a common oil for transmissions, hydraulics, wet brakes and final drives. Do not use in hypoid differentials or where an API GL-5 gear oil is specified. Check manufacturer’s specifications.
Service Refill Capacity: 34 Litres (see note 14)

I am fairly sure we used the Mobil 424 oil in the transmissions.

RnR.