• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Ford A-66 specs and parts?

paulfd

We ran two A64's for a few years and as a loader to operate, I quite liked them. We did everything with them, from feeding the crusher, clearing trees and cleaning out dams. We had to be careful in dams and on slopes, because they were a little bit tippy, or they gave that impression, but I do think some of that was because the operator was sitting up fairly high. Both these machines were up around the 11 - 12,000 hour mark and the only real problems we had were with the axles. They had inboard brakes incorporated with the diff, which ran in the common oil and they caused a lot of problems for us. The axles ran frightfully hot, but we were running them hard, to keep up to the crusher. The engines gave no trouble, but we did rebuild one transmission.
I do have the specs on the Ford A62, A64 and A66 loaders if anyone is interested.

Here is one in action.

Rn'R.
if you can still read this , I am interested in A64 spec...i just bought a 1984 and can not find info....If you can, please send to Gonanuck@aol.com. thank you

rw52

Hi I too have just purchased a Ford A66, its been sitting for years and so it needs servicing but info is very hard to find, for rnr or any other member that has a copy of specs, fluid capacitys and the like that's willing to share would be GREATLY appreciated... i did find one sorce that said that the hydraulic capacity was 189 liters ...50 gallons, i have a hard time believing that... is that true? please send any information to cdsales2@gmail.com
Thanks so much for any help you can give
rw52

Welder Dave

Not likely to be a lot of Ford loader owner/operators on here. Most would have to look on google but you can do that yourself. For some things this site is like a 911 for equipment issues but not for everything involving heavy equipment and every brand of equipment.