• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case cx210 engine pulls down

TravellingTec

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Glad that you took a fuel pressure reading. At least that should eliminate questions about supply of fuel. If you have changed the turbo boost sensor, we can assume that the engine is getting proper boost and proper supply of fuel. That only leaves the VP44 relay that could cause this problem and not put up an electrical problem on the dash. As I have stated that VP44 relay can do strange things. It has fooled man;y people into thinking that the engine was bogging but it sounds more like a steady miss under load. If you're satisfied that the problem is not in the relay, then we will have to go back to the pump regulators. Those switches and solenoids in the pump compartment, the 6 bank solenoid package has nothing to do with pump control (power lift, free swing, etc). On the hydraulic pump inself, there are 2 pressure solenoids on the tank side plus the pump proportional solenoid and the back of the pump, counter weight side. You could take that 2 wire connector apart and try the machine alt;hough as I have already stated when you run in L mode there is no current to the solenoid to upstroke the pump.After eliminating all these possibilities, we should now turn our attention to the update for the pump regulators which keep it from over stroking. I will email you the procedure and if you feel comfortable with the description, the parts are worth about $150

caprock

Glad that you took a fuel pressure reading. At least that should eliminate questions about supply of fuel. If you have changed the turbo boost sensor, we can assume that the engine is getting proper boost and proper supply of fuel. That only leaves the VP44 relay that could cause this problem and not put up an electrical problem on the dash. As I have stated that VP44 relay can do strange things. It has fooled man;y people into thinking that the engine was bogging but it sounds more like a steady miss under load. If you're satisfied that the problem is not in the relay, then we will have to go back to the pump regulators. Those switches and solenoids in the pump compartment, the 6 bank solenoid package has nothing to do with pump control (power lift, free swing, etc). On the hydraulic pump inself, there are 2 pressure solenoids on the tank side plus the pump proportional solenoid and the back of the pump, counter weight side. You could take that 2 wire connector apart and try the machine alt;hough as I have already stated when you run in L mode there is no current to the solenoid to upstroke the pump.After eliminating all these possibilities, we should now turn our attention to the update for the pump regulators which keep it from over stroking. I will email you the procedure and if you feel comfortable with the description, the parts are worth about $150

thanks for your reply- we have not ch boost sensor just unpluged and tested unit, did change speed sensor located under injection pump would like to have your email on hyd. problem

TravellingTec

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Could you send me a private message through the forum with your email address and I will forward this information to you. Hope it helps

TravellingTec

Occupation
Heavy Equipment Mechanic
Could you send me a private message through the forum with your email address and I will forward this information to you. Hope it helps oops!! sorry posted twice

caprock

travelling tec thanks again for all your help; for anyone who wants to know it was the hyd. control valves there was an upgrade bullitin that was never done,the machine runs great now, God bless our canadian friend!

cjrlogan

Hi caprock, I have an cx210 excavator with the exact same symtoms as yours, is there any chance you could forward the email from travelling tec to me? cjrlogan@hotmail.com. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Cat_man320

Glad you got it fixed, I had a good idea it was hyd. issue as i have seen so many machines with the same symtoms . dealers just keep throwing parts at it. as for these injection pump rebuilders, i bet you could take a brand new pump to them and they would say it got trouble , at least thats my experience with them . Anyway best of luck with your machine .

case9030b

Hi I have just brought a case cx 210 with 6000hrs it is doing the same thing! Boggs down and stalls and makes strange noises.

will not slew at idle,reaching right out with stick makes it bog down.

If that bulletin could be uploaded?

Last edited:

bgstewart

TravellingTec, We have a cx 210 with the similar symptoms. If I were to address this issue with my servicing dealer, how would I address this particular update bulletin? Could you send me the update bulletin to my email? My email is stewartbgale@gmail.com. I am not sure if you are still on this forum, hope someone can help with this issue.

case9030b

Mine still has the problem,has a variety of new fuel parts that have not fixed the issue.Dealer is trying out a pilot pump from another machine to see if that works.

case9030b

*UPDATE*

Had a new injection pump supplied by dealer brought machine off. Fitted pump and checked fuel pressure and it made no difference at all..

If you hold the left control hard forward reaching out it stalls the engine.

case9030b

travelling tec thanks again for all your help; for anyone who wants to know it was the hyd. control valves there was an upgrade bullitin that was never done,the machine runs great now, God bless our canadian friend!
Sounds interesting

ampconstruction

Hey fellow ontario hydro rates payer

Could you send me a private message through the forum with your email address and I will forward this information to you. Hope it helps

Could you please e mail me the same info I'm having the same problem and half loads come off this week in ottawa and the phones is already ringing . Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!
Thanks

Adam

amp_construction@hotmail.com

case9030b

Mine ended up being the proportional valve was faulty

Was hard to diagnose at first as the pilot pump was also faulty.

Had a tech guy do some adjustments as "Travelling tech" suggested and its going great now.