• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

case cx210 engine pulls down

Hargraveaj

My Case dealership can only narrow the list of updates to 40. He said it will be a pain to go thru them all. Hard to believe they can't find their own update bulletin!

case9030b

Yes your pointing out right parts.we replaced the regulator closest the engine on mine and the machine came to life.there are many many regulators to suit that pump im no expert ive just had to deal with it

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
Not sure what your needing the regulator update bulletin for. Not sure why your dealer can't find it. It just says to replace the regulators due to a failed o-ring in the regulators. Also measure the old regulator and set the dimensions to the same. If you feel like tuning up your machine, see picture 11 turn in screw 1 a 1/4 turn. The cx210 doesn't have enough horse power to do this on, but works well on the cx240. Just remember to do on both regulators.

Machines affected are:
CX130: DAC131608 thru DAC131824
CX135: DAC151222 thru DAC151399
CX160: DAC161853 thru DAC162229
CX210: DAC212090 thru DAC212659
CX240: DAC241408 thru DAC241589
CX290: DAC291231 thru DAC291305
CX330: DAC331289 thru DAC331477
CX460: DAC461152 thru DAC461186

cx160 and smaller get regulators FHU11550
cx210 and larger get regulators FHU11560

The cx series with the cummins engine were prone to fuel issues, so the regulator may not be your problem. The injection pumps were problematic.

Attachments

• cx regulator1.jpg
    cx regulator1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 159
  • cx regulator2.jpg
    cx regulator2.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:

case9030b

We changed injection pump,Lift pump checked everthing...a $350AUD regulator fixed it.casecx210 2003

blue66tang

Hi guys. I have a 9020b and the hyd system is severely pulling bogging the engine. Sounds very similar to the original post of this thread. Need help! Seems to be on the lift boom side, and also on the drive wheels on the log processor head that is on it. I am convinced it's a hyd problem.

GaryHoff

Occupation
Heavey Equipment Mechanic
The pumps are not the same between the two models. They operator on the same principles. If you think you have a regulator issue, then stall the left track, and see if the engine bogs hard and dies or not. Repeat for the right track.

I would start with your fuel system first. Change your fuel filters, and change your air filters. Check for bad fuel lines. If they are badly cracked replace them. There is a banjo fitting on top of the injection pump with a orifice. (on the governor housing). If that gets plugged you will have low engine power.

blue66tang

The pumps are not the same between the two models. They operator on the same principles. If you think you have a regulator issue, then stall the left track, and see if the engine bogs hard and dies or not. Repeat for the right track.

I would start with your fuel system first. Change your fuel filters, and change your air filters. Check for bad fuel lines. If they are badly cracked replace them. There is a banjo fitting on top of the injection pump with a orifice. (on the governor housing). If that gets plugged you will have low engine power.

Tracks work fine. It is not an engine problem. Been all through the engine stuff. It is for sure a hydraulic issue. Yesterday something started bogging the motor and got stuck on, So I lifted the safety lever to get out and it instantly reved back up. Lowered the safety lever back down and it started to bog again. Something in the hydraulic system is sticking.

blue66tang

Also discovered the boom won't go up unless another function is being used. I can pull back on right joystick and it does nothing till something else is operated. I don't think I noticed it right away cause so many functions are being used at once.

CDUB

I think Gary Hoff wants you to do a test by stalling each track to narrow down possible problems. I believe each pump is dedicated to a track. I

LismarLandClear

Glad that you took a fuel pressure reading. At least that should eliminate questions about supply of fuel. If you have changed the turbo boost sensor, we can assume that the engine is getting proper boost and proper supply of fuel. That only leaves the VP44 relay that could cause this problem and not put up an electrical problem on the dash. As I have stated that VP44 relay can do strange things. It has fooled man;y people into thinking that the engine was bogging but it sounds more like a steady miss under load. If you're satisfied that the problem is not in the relay, then we will have to go back to the pump regulators. Those switches and solenoids in the pump compartment, the 6 bank solenoid package has nothing to do with pump control (power lift, free swing, etc). On the hydraulic pump inself, there are 2 pressure solenoids on the tank side plus the pump proportional solenoid and the back of the pump, counter weight side. You could take that 2 wire connector apart and try the machine alt;hough as I have already stated when you run in L mode there is no current to the solenoid to upstroke the pump.After eliminating all these possibilities, we should now turn our attention to the update for the pump regulators which keep it from over stroking. I will email you the procedure and if you feel comfortable with the description, the parts are worth about $150
Hey Travelling Tec,
I have a 2006 cx210 with these exact symptoms. Could you please email me this procedure as well? My email is nelly_hockey_lin@msn.com.

thanks

Randall Baker

I was reading posts form several years back and i have the same problems with my cx210. the machine runs great for about 25 - 30 minutes and then it starts acting like its running out of fuel. The engine stumbles, it blows blue smoke and really struggles to work eventually it will die and wont restart. we found an inline filter that was pretty dirty near the tank and i changed the canister filter/separator on the rear of the machine and it did start up and run again for 20 minutes but then lost power. Usually we have to wait overnight for a restart. I know nothing about the VP24 relay or the update you spoke of in earlier posts. can you steer me thru some help?

JB640

I was reading posts form several years back and i have the same problems with my cx210. the machine runs great for about 25 - 30 minutes and then it starts acting like its running out of fuel. The engine stumbles, it blows blue smoke and really struggles to work eventually it will die and wont restart. we found an inline filter that was pretty dirty near the tank and i changed the canister filter/separator on the rear of the machine and it did start up and run again for 20 minutes but then lost power. Usually we have to wait overnight for a restart. I know nothing about the VP24 relay or the update you spoke of in earlier posts. can you steer me thru some help?

Any luck Randal? Im just starting to chase the same problem on a CX290

pryan

I have a CX160 with exactly the same problems being described. We have been through all the motor and easier stuff with a very good mechanic. If anyone has the the bulletin mentioned here, please email me at Ryan4777@aol.com. The regulator part numbers mentioned by GaryHoff seem to be nonexistence. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
There is a banjo fitting with a filter on it on the larger machines like the 290. The 160 does not have them. I would check that. I don't know if that would explain working for 20 min and then stumbling but something to check. If you follow the fuel line up and follow it toward the injection pump you fill find it. Kinda odd place for a filter, but I could see where it could get overlooked.

STremblay

Hi guys! got the same problem on my cx210, when you say that their is a bulletin on the regulator is it on the fuel regulator or the hydraulic regulator? thanks for your help.

STremblay

Hi again, just to let you know, I had a problem with my cx210. When I was using 2 fonctions at the same time the excavator was dying, all of this was due to the regulators on the left side of the pump. when you remove the small screw at the end, you're not suposed to have oil coming out ( see pic ). If you got oil coming out you got back pressure in the regulator and it won't work correctly.

Attachments

• 20240104_135552.jpg
    20240104_135552.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 12